• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tilting at windmills? Was there an Indian Harpers Ferry?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birddog1911

40 Cal
Reaction score
Wasted time and money today at the local beef Jerry and beanie babies show. I did note that a particular shop, who has a...reputation...had a Harpers Ferry pistol on the table. I notice the price is $750; higher than any Pedersoli I've seen. It's clearly not. I spend 10 minutes with the guy pointing out teak wood, fitment, no markings, barrel is a sewer pipe, and the frizzen isn't hardened.

Given that it's obviously an Indian replica, and needs work, I thought my offer of $250 was fair. He didn't agree.

I'd just love to be able to show some sort of proof that his "above Pedersoli" clone isn't nearly worth that. I'd be happy to make it a project, for the right price.

Wasted time and money today at the local beef Jerry and beanie babies show. I did note that a particular shop, who has a...reputation...had a Harpers Ferry pistol on the table. I notice the price is $750; higher than any Pedersoli I've seen. It's clearly not. I spend 10 minutes with the guy pointing out teak wood, fitment, no markings, barrel is a sewer pipe, and the frizzen isn't hardened.

Given that it's obviously an Indian replica, and needs work, I thought my offer of $250 was fair. He didn't agree.

I'd just love to be able to show some sort of proof that his "above Pedersoli" clone isn't nearly worth that. I'd be happy to make it a project, for the right price.
Teak wood screams India.

One of those from Heritage Arms or the other Indian gun importers was around $350 new a couple of years ago. Indian made, crudely engraved markings, teak wood stock, poorly fitted, soft frizzen.
Bad angle of approach by the cock to the frizzen face tends to cause the flint to blow apart after just a few strikes.
Look ok if used as a door stop.

Back