THROWING KNIVES

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Dr5x

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
THROWING KNIVES
A few days ago Zonie's inquired about information about throwing knives.
My son hand forges them from quality steel for the not so kindred spot of throwing knife competition.
He sent me a picture of a bunch of red practice knives and one finished one.
They are 12 inches long and weigh 12 ounces.
They don't have wooden handles because the wood would not survive a hit by a later thrown knife in, say, a five knife match.
I tried to upload the picture but with my usual thumb dominated skill it disappeared never to be seen again,
I asked Zonie's to contact me over the regular "net" but his interest has waned.
I'll try again here:

Several attempts - no cigar

Dutch

Attachments

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I think you have me confused with someone else.
I've never asked a question about throwing knives and I've never even owned one. I also have no desire to throw a knife at anything.

Anyway, you did manage to post a picture. That's a good thing. :thumb:

Dr5x

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I never actually understood why anyone would want to throw away a perfectly good weapon. A knife in the hand always beats a knife in the air.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY BUT EVERY RENDEZVOUS I EVER ATTENDED HAD PEOPLE THROWING PERFECTLY GOOD KNIVE AT A TARGET AND DOING A BAD JOBOF IT.MY SON WHO HAS NEGITIVE INTEREST IN BLACK POWDER HAS BECOME QUITE SKILLED IN KNIFE THROWING.

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE CONTRAIRY SONS?
DUTCH

renegadehunter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My club does a hawk and knife throwing part. It is a lot of fun...and has taught me that in a real threat I would absolutely follow Hanshi's advice.

Juice Jaws

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have always enjoy throwing hawks and knifes, in a real fight no. Always cracks me up in the movies the good guy throws a knife at the bad guy and it goes in about 3 inches and the bad guy falls over dead.

atllaw

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I never actually understood why anyone would want to throw away a perfectly good weapon.
A loooong time ago I was taught a knife was a last ditch weapon. I always believed that and could never understand why, as you say, anyone would even consider throwing their last lifeline away. :dunno:
Hi-ebber, and day is always a hi-ebber, in my much younger days I always had a lot of fun throwing knives and hawks! ;)

rafterob

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Contrary Sons? My wife would not allow guns in the house and prohibited my Son from playing with toy guns. He grew up, bought a bunch of guns, joined the army and shoots the Big guns (777)! Just got home from Afghanistan last night safe and sound, Amen!

Latest posts

Group Builder