• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Three for two!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Glorious spring day here.
Cool east wind and warm sun.
The first rabbit was 7yds! I stalked them while they were in their thick briars. I could of shot a few times but I did not want to shred them with shot so I was waiting for a clear head shot. This one moved right up to me in the briar.
IMG_20200322_184416_289.jpg

The next hunt was similar but 20yds. It took a moment to find the rabbits head. The sun illuminated it's ear lobe in the briar patch but it took a moment to find the head position, again I did not wish to shred its body.
Check the video.

After retrieving I noticed Jess still in the briar but deeper! I had shot another rabbit unseen by me!
IMG_20200322_163111355.jpg

Loads wise I used something like 70gn of powder, three thin cards, 1&1/8oz of #5 shot and a card on top. The vent pick was cut from a thorn. I know the flint was sharp after cutting my thumb on it :rolleyes:

B.

That Jess is "THE DOG!" :D While you're sneaking he looks at you like "what are you waiting for!?" Then when you raise the gun his eyes go right to the target... When you shoot, he doesn't flinch, just says "Let me go get it!"

Ain't nuthin' as heartwarming as a man and his dog...

7 yards very impressive, I sure wish we had rabbits like that in east texas, darn coyotes and bobcats keep them thinned out. what gauge was you using sir

Britsmoothy, I like to hunt rabbits but we have a season on our cotton tails. My favorite wat to hunt them is right after a night time or late evening snow sneak along the briar patches and over grown fence rows check for there tracks find the rabbit sitting and with the .32 long rifle look for that big black eye (zappo) rabbit in the pot. Your dog looks like she is having a good time. Reminds me when we were younger we were issued 5 shot shells the limit is 4 rabbits was told you can miss one. Still to this day creep along and find them sitting. How you folks doing with the current virus situation be careful.

Britsmoothy, I like to hunt rabbits but we have a season on our cotton tails. My favorite wat to hunt them is right after a night time or late evening snow sneak along the briar patches and over grown fence rows check for there tracks find the rabbit sitting and with the .32 long rifle look for that big black eye (zappo) rabbit in the pot. Your dog looks like she is having a good time. Reminds me when we were younger we were issued 5 shot shells the limit is 4 rabbits was told you can miss one. Still to this day creep along and find them sitting. How you folks doing with the current virus situation be careful.
Yes sir, I was and do look for that little piece of coal looking my way in the briars.
We have just had more lock down measures announced tonight. It's looking grim.
Stay safe.... everyone.

B.

Latest posts

Back