• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Three for three.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations, Nate. You never disappoint when it comes to taking game. And that is one nice little gun. Carnivorous squirrels should NOT be underestimated; be prepared to administer a "butt stroke" if necessary. Here where I live there is a very (several, actually) dangerous critter I have yet to acquire the courage to hunt: the carnivorous snowshoe hare.
Snowshoehoriblis.jpg

The weather broke here. From week's of heat and dry to strong winds and rain showers.
This afternoon dried up but the wind remained and so I pried the 45 out of the cabinet.
Shot one was 25y but I was in strong 40mph gusts.
View attachment 33243
Shot two was 48 good strides off hand.
View attachment 33244
Shot three was a defensive move!
I jumped a savage squirrel out of the green wheat. It ran to about 7yards, stopped, turned and bared it's teeth!
I calmed my self and settled that blade on it and squeezed the trigger.
I was moments away from an attack!
View attachment 33245
I have not shot this muzzleloader for a while but one thing I do know is that it never ever disappoints me.
Will I clean it today? No.
Did I use 4f? You betya.

B.
A good squirrel yarn , made me smile do I believe it NO

Feltwad

Brit your burgoo looks very tasty all you need are a few cats head biscuits or Irish soda bread Some sweet butter and a cold Guinness meal fit for a king. Right now all I am shooting is paper as this does not a very good stew,waiting on the fall weather when our seasons open for small game. Good show Sir always look forward to your posts.

The weather broke here. From week's of heat and dry to strong winds and rain showers.
This afternoon dried up but the wind remained and so I pried the 45 out of the cabinet.
View attachment 33243
View attachment 33244
I jumped a savage squirrel out of the green wheat. It ran to about 7yards, stopped, turned and bared it's teeth!
View attachment 33245
I have not shot this muzzleloader for a while but one thing I do know is that it never ever disappoints me.
Did I use 4f? You betya.

B.

View attachment 33243
View attachment 33244
View attachment 33245
Did I use 4f? You betya.

B.
Hi Britsmoothy, I never tire of reading of your and Jess's exploits. Please Keep 'em coming. Where in the UK are you? I was stationed at RAF Croughton and lived in Thorpe Mandeville for 4 years back in the early 80's. I REALLY miss being able to go out shooting any time I wanted. Conies, Woodpigeons, squirrels and pheasants in season. I made some good friends that had some land and let me roughshoot anytime I wanted.
>> Jan <<

Hi and thank you.
I'm nowhere near where you were stationed. I'm where the Shropshire and Cheshire and Staffordshire borders all meet.
Yes sir you can hunt all year round in the UK one species or another.

I do like your gun. It looks very nice and obviously shoots like you want it to. Congratulations, Nate.

Don't be jealous. Cherish the memories. Is that what we all end up with.... memories.

Your post reminded me of something, I forget.... But is came out something like:

As you wander through this existence

Gather memories as pebbles put in pockets

When the end comes near,

That is all we have left.

We have some few memories of our own

And if we were kind,

Others will carry memories of us when we are gone.

ADK Bigfoot

Latest posts

Back