• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

thread pitch for cones in original Colt cap-and-ball percussion revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know what thread pitch Colt originally used for the cones on its black powder cap-and-ball percussion revolvers (e.g. 1851 Navy, 1849 Pocket, 1860 Army, 1862 Police)?
If I were able to actually free and remove the original cones from their cylinders, then should modern variants (e.g. SliXshot, Treso, etc.) fit in these cylinders?

Just a shot in the dark here, but I think you are talking about the nipples. I think you would have to remove at least one and have the diameter and thread count determined. Someone on the site may know the answer but I would ask about nipples rather than cones.
Dave

Back