• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

THOUGHTS ON A GROUP SHOOT AND SITE CLEANUP DAY?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armsdealers

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I saw a post on the internet about cleaning up a shooting spot ( I Cleaned Up Your Mess Today, Slob! ) and it made me think:

"Self... why don't you see if there's a group here interested in picking a popular shooting spot, getting out there with a trailer or two and some rakes, cleaning up the spot, and maybe doing some shooting..."

So - anyone interested in getting together to do something like this?

If there is interest - chime in here and let us know:
1) If you can bring a truck / trailer
2) If you have a suggestion for a spot that needs cleanup
3) How far you are willing to travel to participate.

If there is enough interest, we can pick a date and place - preferably before it gets stupid hot. I'd think that we'd want to find a spot that has large bulk trash (appliances, tires, etc. stuff not easy to haul out if you aren't prepared for it).

I'll start: Yes - I'm interested. I have a truck and a flatbed trailer - and a couple of strong 20-something sons that I can probably bring along. I'm on the north side of the valley and usually shoot at one of a few spots N/E of Carefree Highway and I-17 - but I'm happy to go anywhere within a 20 -30 miles of "the valley." If there is a bunch of interest from guys in Queen Creek and the spot is up on the base of the superstitions - I'll get there. There are a couple of spots where I shoot that could use some cleanup - but the one that used to be really filthy (appliances, etc.) got cleaned up a while ago. I'll be out shooting this weekend and will do some scouting for nasty spots. If we do it - I'll pay the landfill fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have a great idea. It's unfortunate that a lot of shooters (not black powder guys) don't care about what they leave behind. Fire extinguishers, bottles and other junk they have shot up. It's far worse than just leaving their old targets posted and brass on the ground. I've seen trash cans and benches with bullet holes in them and it's cost all of us some prime ranges. I guess I'm old school but I believe that if you shoot 50 you pick up 50, targets in the trash, heck I even make a sweep to pick up patches if the range is clear.

Latest posts

Back