• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Those In The State of Arizona

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Powderhorn Clan has Rendezvous in March, September, and October here in AZ. We have members as far south as Tucson and as far north as Flagstaff if not farther. Web page is Powderhornclan.com. Also a facebook page. Might be out of date, but we're working on it. Phone numbers are good. We have a shoot the most first Saturdays of the month north of Chino Valley. For shooting at Ben Avery, check out the web site, https://azmuzzleloading.com/index.php/registrationazwins/, first week of March.

Thanks for the reply, Dave. It is good to know there is a community of other muzzle loaders out here within Arizona. I will definitely go look for the PowderhornClan FaceBook page and will take a look at the Ben Avery site.

I got hooked up with the Muzzle Stuffers out at Rio Salado this past weekend...I got to shoot my new-to-me flintlock for the first time, great bunch of guys, and had a grand old time. They had a couple of gray-beards (Joey, Mark, and Jim) that spent about 4-hrs with myself and another green horn; I was most grateful for that mentorship.

I am sure all the Arizona folks already now this, but I found black powder at Thunderbird Cartridge in Phoenix (west valley) and was very grateful for that. Despite Goex listing several other distributors here within the Phoenix-metro, I found the hard-way that...not so much. Hopefully, Thunderbird will continue to tolerate the hassle of dealing with small sale black powder sales to folks like me; I am sure it takes away from their core business...make sure you call ahead. I don't think I am ready to order (and store) 25-lbs or more from some of the online distributors, but it might come to that.

Thanks again for the info and hope to see you around.

-Harold

Down here in the Havasu area. Not many powder shooters here local. Planning on heading down to Yuma to check out the Rendezvous Jan 2020. Also there is a Bouse Hills Muzzleloaders event (just north of Quartzite) Feb 13-16 2020 as well.

Nice to see another Havasuvian here! Didn't know of any other BP shooters around here...or buckskinners!

I found the Yuma Territorial Longrifles here in Yuma. Not a huge club and a lot of snowbirds are members. We had a rondesvous in February with fair attendance due to the covid. We shoot the first and third Saturdays at the Adair range complex. We have our own black powder range. Every body with a BP gun is welcome.

The Montezuma Muzzleloaders are located in Sierra Vista and shoot twice a month. The Old Pueblo Muzzle loading Club is in Tucson and we shoot on the third Sunday of the month. If you PM me your email address I will forward you the news letters from both clubs.

I'm in Sierra Vista with the Montezuma club. We get a few fellows down here from Tucson for our monthly shoot in the woods. Arizona is a big state. It's a long drive to get to some of the other club's shoots. Ben Avery range is on the north side of Phoenix and Sierra Vista is 4 hours south of there. Driving through Phoenix is just too scary and it's a long way around so I seldom go there. Any Hansels or Drews here?

I live in the White Mountains, AZ. Show Low to be more precise. We're right by the Mogollon Rim which is a good deal of wilderness. I have yet to finsih my rifle and my gear, but hope to do so soon and do some trekking.

Arizona seems good, at least around these parts, for really isolated treks. But I would love to do stuff on canoes and in areas with more water and dense forests. I briefly visited a rendezvous by Williams Mountain a long time ago. It was mountain man stuff which doen't interest me, but it was good to see some muzzleloaders there. Still, I think the lone or small remote treks are good here, but for canoes and more of a true feeling of F&I war, I will have to do stuff out further into the NE.

2 minutes ago
Morning, new to this forum, I used to shoot my front stuffer every month when we lived in Phoenix. Since moving down to Vail az. I have not found a club that shoots on Saturdays, Do you have a contact e-mail for Montezuma muzzle loaders?
Thanks
Bear

I
Hope you are enjoying the cooler weather up there. We are in the furnace in The Valley.
:barf:
'm out of southern Comierado. Have seen temps here over 100 from time to time during the day.
I'm at 7350' el. so nightime is nice and cool. But, when I tell easterners about the 100+ temps, they usually say, " yes but isn't the dry heat a lot cooler'? I usually tell them, "yes dry heat usally feels like only 99". At this elevation the sun just bakes you!

Back