• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thomson Center or Investarms stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millsy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a .54 Investarms Hawkens rifle that just pounds my cheek bone because of the geometry of the stock. Has anyone removed the cheek piece from their stock

That is the reason when I make a stock I leave only a small if any cheek piece. I would try and remove some stock to make it more suitable for your own use, if you plan on shooting the rifle rather than selling it.If you plan on selling it I would leave it as is.

I have a .54 Investarms Hawkens rifle that just pounds my cheek bone because of the geometry of the stock. Has anyone removed the cheek piece from their stock
I have re-shaped the nose of a T/C Hawken that had the early high comb cheek piece; I found it to be quite uncomfortable. I did not get rid of the cheek piece itself; taking down the nose solved the problem for me. In the attached photo the top rifle is a Investarms .54 Hawken (un-modified). The bottom rifle is the T/C Hawken .50 with the modification to the nose. The original shape of the nose was even higher than that of the Investarms.
If you decide to remove the cheek piece I would suggest that you check fit as you remove material; you wouldn't want to remove the whole cheek piece only to find that you had to hold your head off the stock to properly line up the sights.

Attachments

• DSCN1666.JPG
    DSCN1666.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 48
Ive found its not the cheek piece, but the comb height. On a Renegade I pulled the front of the comb back about 1/2" and lowered the front end of the comb about the same amount (lowered the entire line from the butt plate to the front of the comb so it looks right) . I pulled the stock line where the wrist meets the comb lower to keep it looking like it has a comb. Better looking and I can get on the irons without a problem. It seems to have been stocked for a scope. It may get lowered a bit more hen I put different irons on it.

We are all built differently. I don't have trouble with the TC cheek piece. I just find it interesting how one gun works well for one person and doesn't fit another.

Latest posts

Back