• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone knife

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Will a Thompson Seneca barrel go on a Cherokee? I have a Cherokee in 32 and want a .45 cal barrel for deer. I want to get away from in lines.

you may be able to buy a nice used 45, 50 or 54 tc rifle for the cost of one seneca or cherokee barrel.

they're "sorta" interchangable in that they use the same barrel size, tang, and wedge location in the stock. BUT the fore-ends are different lengths so one way there's about an inch gap between underrib and fore-end. the other way the rib is about an inch or so too long but not sure which way is which. also, as the seneca is the more expensive of the two so i don't really see that as bein' a solution and as mentioned ya could buy a renegade or hawken for what you'd pay for a barrel. my opinion and yer welcome to it, bubba.

Yes it will fit, but you will have to fit the under rib to the stock. The Cherokee barrel will require the under rib to be shortened a little. If you want a 45 cal, it would be a better idea to look for a used TC Hawken as they are normally better shooters than the smaller frame TC Seneca or Cherokee in 45 cal. Now the little guns perform pretty good in 32 or 36.

The Gun Works sells replacement breech plugs for them. You could put together the barrel you want or have one built for less than the cost of an original, and less than you'd likely pay for a replacement rifle.

I did some checking couple years ago when I wanted a 36 cal barrel for my Seneca. Track of the Wolf wanted around $330 at that time to build one. I later found a member here who was willing to trade a 36 barrel for my 45 cal barrel. Of course I had to pay a little green stuff extra. I still think you would be happier with a 45 caliber TC Hawken than a 45 cal Seneca.

Back