• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Thompson Center's .45s

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From memory here's a list of T/C models offered in .45 caliber, not including their Patriot pistol.

* Hawken (caplock and flintlock)
* Seneca (caplock)
* Cherokee (caplock)
* White Mountain Carbine (caplock)

Of these models the Hawken and White Mountain Carbine seem the most robust. All can be used with conical bullets and Thompson Center provided load data for each model. This being said I wonder how well the Seneca and Cherokee model hold up to a steady diet of conicals, they both seem a bit delicate. I don't see roundball loads as presenting much of a concern but I have experienced hammer blow back with loads well under what T/C recommends in both a .45 Cherokee and 45 Seneca.

If considering a T/C model in .45 caliber for use with conical bullets do you think the Seneca or Cherokee models in .45 should be avoided?

Latest posts

Back