• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Warranty

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusticbob, this was a lot of years ago and I have never held a grudge over that problem but it happened with such frequency that I was surprised that TC sent the gun back with a note saying they couldn’t get it to happen. It would happen more times than not while using maxi balls and 60-80 grains of ff or rs Pyrodex. I mostly shot round ball at 60 grr so I just didn’t make a big deal of it. I changed out the nipple and used a Hot Shot nipple as well as the factory nipple. Would do it with either. All this is water under the bridge as my friend has owned the rifle for the last many many years. I have tried to buy it back as he doesn’t use it anymore but he still doesn’t want to sell it back to me. I have never had this problem with any of my other bp guns including several TC’s. Greg

Lifetime Warranty:
Ends when the company ends it's life.
or The original owner expires.
Folks, there is no FOREVER - Alls things will end - eventually.
Sadly, this is so true. :(
Also, there will unquestionably become a point where the manufacturer has made dimensional changes over the years (or has dropped the model you have) and has run out of parts for the year/model that you have.

For example, I have a circa 1971 "2 Dot" Buck 110.
While still under warranty, (original owner or not ) if I send it in to Buck for warranty work, all they can do is send me a new 110. They no longer have 440C blades for it, and due to dimensional changes over the years, the current manufacture Buck 110 components (to include the blade) won't fit my frame.

I never put much stock in/always took any warranty claims with a grain (or more) of salt. Regardless of the product. Guns, Automobiles, knives, bows/crossbows, whatever. In general, I don't trust there will be a warranty no matter what the manufacturer says, that will fix and not just replace whatever it is I have.

If a company sells to new owners, or locks their doors, I know there is no warranty - period.
I always buy the "best" I can afford. That does not mean I buy the "best"/top/"better name" brand or model.
I buy Rough Rider, Marbles, and a few offshore Buck (traditional) knives, because Case and USA made Buck knives are out of my price range.
The Rough Rider and Marbles are the "best" I can afford, and so far, seem to last as long as the higher priced "better name" Case and Buck, and are at least equal to them in quality.

I'll probably save up for a Lyman Great Plains rife kit, because Traditions does not make a .54 caliber. (I'd have to save up for the Traditions Kentucky Rifle kit, too, and I really want another .54 caliber … maybe even a flinter … )

Interesting and 'insightful' observations from those bashing S&W for not honoring old TC warrantee after they purchased what assets were left of TC from the previous owners.

Reminds me of a dispute over hunting property that I was somewhat involved with a while back. A large track of land came on the market and a group I know wanted to purchase it. A few, including myself, committed to leasing (paying for) hunting rights for a few years if the group went through with the purchase, which they did. Turns out a previous owner, who had passed away nearly 10 years prior (his heirs where the ones who sold the property) had 'promised' some neighboring property owners they would always be able to hunt the property as long as they would help keep trails clear. These folks were relentless in their perceived right to hunt the property with the new owners. There were structures/cabins on the property with no trespassing signs and the neighbor's name on them. Law enforcement was called numerous times. Personally, never felt safe on the property and bailed on the lease commitment, although I let the new owners keep the money I had paid them. Neighbors continue to hunt property as 'traditional family hunting property'. Law enforcement stated game camera photos were not sufficient to make arrest and it was up to landowners to police there property.

My question. Previous owner made a promise. Previous owner sells property/assets. Does this commit all future owners to commitment? Are all future owners 'SOBs/skunks/rats' if they refuse to commit?

The owner at the time made the promise. I don't care that he said forever. He died, the land was sold. Strike 1 and strike 2. Stop trespassing and get over it.

Back