• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Thompson Center Target Model Percussion Muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroll D

32 Cal
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this particular TC Arms Target rifle it came with target sights a round ball 1 in 66 twist barrel and instead of brass it has blued steel parts.

Thanks for the reply and information, I haven't been able to find any information about it anywhere else so this is a great start.

I Googled Fox Ridge. Seems they went out of business in 2014. Yes, there were some early TC 'hawkins' made with blued steel hardware. I think there were a few aftermarket vendors also who have come and gone.

The one with blued furniture and no patchbox was called ‘The Hawken Custom’.

I have a friend that has the rifle which is new in the box although the box isn't perfect the rifle is like new & has never been fired, his willing to sell it to me for what I believe to be a fair price of 400.00. I didn't know they made this model so I started researching and have only seen one picture of one that was recently on a gun action site but there wasn't much information and the rifle was sold are taken off of the site.

I have a Hawken custom xxv , and it's absolutely gorgeous..
The bluing looks black and mirror finish ...no patchbox ..50 cal.
I have a Hawken custom xxv , and it's absolutely gorgeous..
The bluing looks black and mirror finish ...no patchbox ..50 cal.
There really isn't anything special about this particular rifle it has the TC round Ball twist barrel and the bluing and stock is pretty plain jane compared to the Custom finished rifle you have. The box is labeled Target Model.

The wood on mine is extra fancy as well ...
I bet its a real looker TC has put some pretty wood on a few over the years! I bought my granddaughter a standard TC Hawken to shoot on her 4H shooting team years ago, she's grown and married with two daughters of her own now. I think I'll go ahead and buy this one so that my Great Granddaughters can enjoy it also when they get older, thanks for all the replies!

I have a friend that has the rifle which is new in the box although the box isn't perfect the rifle is like new & has never been fired, his willing to sell it to me for what I believe to be a fair price of 400.00. I didn't know they made this model so I started researching and have only seen one picture of one that was recently on a gun action site but there wasn't much information and the rifle was sold are taken off of the site.
$400 would be a real good price for that rifle.

Is anyone familiar with this particular TC Arms Target rifle it came with target sights a round ball 1 in 66 twist barrel and instead of brass it has blued steel parts.

They also made a "Cleland Match Rifle" in .40 Cal. with target sights. It cost $500 in 2006.

My friends Granddad was a gunsmith and left him a large number of firearms when he passed, he has never liked muzzleloaders and knows I do so his willing to sell it to me. I thought it may be a little rare but since there’s little info about TC’s muzzleloaders I really didn’t know, thanks

My friends Granddad was a gunsmith and left him a large number of firearms when he passed, he has never liked muzzleloaders and knows I do so his willing to sell it to me. I thought it may be a little rare but since there’s little info about TC’s muzzleloaders I really didn’t know, thanks
Of course offer him less than what he wants,it's not that rare LOL!

I agree with Boomerang. If you like it thats a very good price for an unfired rifle.
We are meeting at the range Friday to kill some paper if the weather is good. I plan on taking some .490 & .495 balls and .010 & .015 patches, I'll be bringing the new muzzleloader home dirty!

Of course offer him less than what he wants,it's not that rare LOL!
If it was anyone else I would! but we have been friends a long time and have sold & traded firearms over the years and we have always felt like we both have made fair deals.

Carrol D, I like your attitude. I love to haggle, but am more straight up with close friends. Making a "good" deal isn't as valuable as a good friendship.
Thanks KJ, I'm all for making a good deal but fair is fair, I was hoping someone that owns one of these target rifles would chime in but I'm beginning to doubt it's going to happen. Makes me think it is indeed a rare rifle.

Latest posts

Back