• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Thompson Center Renegade .54

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier's

Buckskins & Black Powder
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
SALE PENDING
This a super rare chance to buy a gem! I am the second owner, never shot it or even thought about loading it. Time to let it go. Bought it off the original owner.

This gun is EASILY 9.8 out of 10 stars! There is just one small scratch by the wedge key, which I show in the picture. The butt plate also has some very light scratches near the toe, but nothing ugly or serious.

The stock is shiny in the pictures because I rubbed it with some oil while inspecting it for any other scratches or dents. Its a nice matte finish once the oil is removed. I have looked this rifle over in all possible lighting and there are zero dents whatsoever. No cracks, no powder fouling stuck to the hammer or stock. A lot of wood grain in this stock that is hard to see in the pictures due to the cloudy sky washing out the true color of the stock. A member calls it Fiddleback walnut. It goes from the butt stock, lock panels and forearm.

Everything works as it should and has an updated Hotshot nipple. Double set triggers are light and crisp.

Bore condition is PERFECT. I took some bore camera pics to help give you an idea. This is a 100% guarantee... Its PERFECT.

Barrel bluing is PERFECT. NO Rust or pits, no fouling stuck anywhere.

Has the usual 26" long, 1" across the flats, 1:48 twist barrel.

This is a true survivor that has no been messed with in any way nor has it been abused.

I ship UPS ground with insurance. Over sized box with a ton of padding and bubble wrap.

If you want a gorgeous .54cal Renegade that is almost new, this is probably going to be your last chance, for a very long time.

Asking $625 OBO Shipped. I think that is a very fair price for a true, untouched, survivor with the fiddleback walnut and the big 54cal.

If its too much for you, please keep walking.

I've done my best to take the best detailed pictures AND Bore/breech pictures, so you can see long before you get the rifle, that you're getting exactly what i've described.

100_2601.jpg

Last edited:
Update!

This is an iron cross, Douglas barrel. It is indeed a 1:48 after double checking. It does have deeper rifling than what i've seen on TC brand barrels.

I've also taken pics with a lower quality camera in hopes of showing you, the fiddle back in the walnut. There's a lot more to be seen throughout!
275327742_10159108334492875_236011456333286809_n.jpg

275308432_10159108334417875_2420795413170981637_n.jpg

275306418_10159108334217875_7094506980125685724_n.jpg

IF... you were to strip the factory finish off and gently sand it with some 320-600 & 800 grit sand paper, then follow up with 15 coats birchwood casey genuine oil, this stock would look better than the stock below that i refinished some years ago. No stain, just a quality stock oil that penetrates and brings out the walnuts natural beauty.
100-1272.jpg

tc1.jpg

Last edited:
I apologize for commenting on your ad, but I cant help but offer a compliment on your refinish of that stock. It looks beautiful! I am planning to do my TC Hawken soon and would like it to come out similar to that.

GLWS, I would be all over this if I didn't just buy my Hawken last week.

Last edited:
This a super rare chance to buy a gem! I am the second owner, never shot it or even thought about loading it. Time to let it go. Bought it off the original owner.

This gun is EASILY 9.8 out of 10 stars! There is just one small scratch by the wedge key, which I show in the picture. The butt plate also has some very light scratches near the toe, but nothing ugly or serious.

The stock is shiny in the pictures because I rubbed it with some oil while inspecting it for any other scratches or dents. Its a nice matte finish once the oil is removed. I have looked this rifle over in all possible lighting and there are zero dents whatsoever. No cracks, no powder fouling stuck to the hammer or stock. A lot of wood grain in this stock that is hard to see in the pictures due to the cloudy sky washing out the true color of the stock. A member calls it Fiddleback walnut. It goes from the butt stock, lock panels and forearm.

Everything works as it should and has an updated Hotshot nipple. Double set triggers are light and crisp.

Bore condition is PERFECT. I took some bore camera pics to help give you an idea. This is a 100% guarantee... Its PERFECT.

Barrel bluing is PERFECT. NO Rust or pits, no fouling stuck anywhere.

Has the usual 26" long, 1" across the flats, 1:48 twist barrel.

This is a true survivor that has no been messed with in any way nor has it been abused.

I ship UPS ground with insurance. Over sized box with a ton of padding and bubble wrap.

If you want a gorgeous .54cal Renegade that is almost new, this is probably going to be your last chance, for a very long time.

Asking $625 OBO Shipped. I think that is a very fair price for a true, untouched, survivor with the fiddleback walnut and the big 54cal.

If its too much for you, please keep walking.

I've done my best to take the best detailed pictures AND Bore/breech pictures, so you can see long before you get the rifle, that you're getting exactly what i've described.

100_2601.jpg

Beautiful!

CLASSIFIED GUIDELINES

1. The Classifieds are available for members to sell or trade their personal items. They are not meant to be used as a business listing. That is, you must list a specific item. Please do not list your company and a general description of your products or your commercial web site URL.
  2. You may only list merchandise you own. You may not list items for other people.
  3. Do not place links to other classifieds or auctions in your ad.
  4. Registered Members with 14 days of membership and 5 posts, may post in this forum.
  5. Supporting Members may post at any time.
  6. You may list only one (1) item per ad.
  7. DO NOT advertise your classified ad in the forums or post photos of the Classified item in the forums.
  8. You may not list inline muzzleloaders or firearms that require a Federal Firearms License for the transaction.
  9. Cartridge firearms or parts may not be listed.
  10. Only firearms that load through the muzzle and percussion pistols may be listed except, breech loading firearms that meet the "POSTS FOR BREECH LOADING GUNS" in the Forum Rules may be advertised. These guns use separate caps for priming.
  11. You may not list black powder, black powder substitutes or percussion caps.
  12. Modern, in-line muzzleloading firearms may not be listed.
  13. Modern Clothing, appliances, tents, etc are not allowed. Keep items offered for traditional muzzleloading or historic reenactment.
  14. "Conversion cylinders" that allow percussion guns to fire a cartridge, may not be listed.
  15. Using PayPal for firearms transactions is a violation of the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy. Check the PayPal policy before using PayPal.
  16. If you wish to keep your email address private, do not put it in your listing. People can contact you by clicking your name, and starting a conversation with you.
  17. When you sell an item, please edit title to add "Sold", as opposed to deleting your ad.
  18. The Muzzleloading Forum is not responsible for the content of the Classified Ads and is not liable for any misinformation contained in the ads or for the actions of the sellers. You use the Classified Ads at your own risk.
  19. Images are appropriate in the post. You may use Upload a File, or a paste an image in the message.
  20. Maximum file size of photos - 10,240 KB.
  21. Unless you are interested in buying the item or asking specific questions about it, comments about the offering critiquing it are not proper and will be deleted.
  22. It is strongly suggested that members should not post their personal information like their address, phone number or E-Mail address in the Classified Ad section. The entire world has access to your posts.
  23. *EVERY For sale ad must have forum ID and date written on a sheet of paper clearly visible in at least one picture! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

From what I read in the rules, basically it says "shut the hell up unless you're interested in buying the product"! Man what a bunch of cry babies....boo hoo hoo!!

Respect this Thread/Forum… Following rules ,not being critical of them- That would be a better Start.
@Frontiers- Sorry for posting that on your thread, Yet felt need.

Beautiful rifle
Can you show the Interior of the stock when you get a chance.

Last edited:
She'll make a beautiful shooter for someone.

A fair offer is always welcomed, but a bogus offer, is not.

Attachments

• 20220310_185007.jpg
    20220310_185007.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220310_184840.jpg
    20220310_184840.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220310_184831.jpg
    20220310_184831.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.