• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED Thompson Center rear sight.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were at least two different hole spacings over the years. One was approximately 5/8ths inch like the Renegade. The other was about an inch and an eighth like the early Hawkens.

And the very latest ones had sights made by Williams that only used one screw.

Thanks, but this barrel has screw spacing of about 7/8". Its a QLA barrel so it can't be that old.

That’s what I meant. Don’t know why I said 5/8ths. A Renegade or newer Hawken sight will also fit your gun.

Hated to do it ,but I just bought a fiber optic set of sights for the White Mountain Carbine. Its planed to be a starter rifle for my grandson, and I have only put the rear sight on so far, but at last light they are nice.
Does anyone know which way to drift the front sight out? From left to right is how they are installed If I remember correctly?

If I'm facing the muzzle, I always install from left to right. Don't know if that's right or if it matters with milled dovetails in the barrel, which should be parallel, but that's the way I've always done it whether a production gun or on my builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back