• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Thompson Center New Englander 50 Caliber Black Powder Muzzleloader $325.00

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thompson Center New Englander 50 Caliber Black Powder Muzzleloader $325.00 plus shipping

American Walnut stock

26" round Barrel

Sling

Nice condition

Bore is good

A few minor knicks and scratches on stock

See Pictures

IMGP4585.JPG
IMGP4587.JPG
IMGP4591.JPG
IMGP4593.JPG
IMGP4594.JPG
IMGP4596.JPG
IMGP4601.JPG
IMGP4603.JPG
IMGP4585A.JPG
315477379_10221577129683671_3449316241526436256_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I was just getting a good seat because I figured the mod wannabe's would be all up in your face by now because your name & date is just electronically on the screen instead of on an actual piece of paper beside the gun. They disappoint me sometimes.

I can’t believe this has t sold yet. New Englanders usually sell in a hurry, and at much higher prices. Somebody buy this beauty!

Just because I am new to the site doesn’t mean I am dishonest as the moderator suggested.
I don't believe that is what is meant nor should you take it that way. There was a rash of crooked players here that scammed folks. It was just a warning to exercise due diligence like ensuring that you actually had the gun (thus the photo with name date alongside the item for sale) and to use a form of payment that may be recoverable in case of scam.

Not thin skinned at all just disappointed.
I enjoy the forum for its information and I also want to reduce my muzzleloader collection.
I have had two items which where listed and sold until the prospective buyer received the
moderator warning. I don’t blame them they don’t know me and they trust the moderator.
Thanks for the conversation and have a Merry Christmas

Curious as to the trigger pull weight on this rifle if it is not sold. Is it adjustable ? I was looking for double set triggers but you have a nice rifle at a fair price. If I knew more about that issue I could definitely be tempted. I like my triggers to be around 2 1/2 lbs. Is it for certain a 1 in 48" twist ? I should not doubt Bubba .50. He knows his stuff, but I have seen some weird variations in TC rifles. Does it come w the leather ? Pretty cool ! I am in MT. Do you know the approximate shipping $ ? Or, I have a son in lower MI that could probably do a meet up. Last, I would be even more inclined if you could post a pic w paper description as suggested. You sound legit to me but I need to cover my bases as well. I am also pretty new to the forum but understand the rules are to protect all of us. Written wording can sound harsh when it is merely conveying a general warning to potential buyers. I doubt it was personal.

Hi
I just received payment for the Thompson Center New Englander rifle and I will be shipping it on Tuesday
The trigger is not adjustable, it has a 1 in 48” twist, and I do not know the trigger pull. One of the pictures show my identification.
I may be listing a second New Englander 50 caliber next week and also a Investarm in a 50 caliber with a set trigger.
What would be your zip code and where in Michigan does your son live.
I am located just north of Detroit but I do travel to mid michigan often.
Thanks and have a great New Year

Thanks npl, I noticed after the fact that you did actually post the id. Good deal for someone. I will consider the other New Englander if and when you post it. I am really reluctant to purchase a single trigger ML w unknown pull weight since I have no experience w that. Not your problem. Just quirky me. All of my center fire hunting rifles have a pull between 2 and 3 lbs as does the one 2 trigger TC ML I am helping my son in law with, and I would like to stay in that window. If someone [Bubba ???] knows the smithing solution and normal cost for this, if there is one, feel free to chime in. I confess to being clueless about ML trigger work. Aside from this issue, everything else about that model of TC rifle seems to be about right for where I hunt. Not interested in the Investarm. I will pm you w other details when appropriate. Thanks for your response. SW

Back