• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson center hunting tang peep sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozarknapper

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Howdy, New here. I'm looking for a thompson center tang peep sight that is no longer made. For a hawkens. It's a model 7194 , I believe. Does any one know where I can get one?
OIP.jpeg
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
These are becoming as scarce as hens teeth. You might find one on E-bay, but the price will be high. Track of the Wolf sells a similar type sight, except it does not have screw in apertures. If you get one of theirs, you can tap the ghost ring to accept standard Lyman apertures..

When last available on MidwayUSA that sight (7194) cost $70. Keep that in respective when shopping on ebay, etc. I dont know how many years but inflation is a constant drag on the currency. That would be more than $70 in 2020 dollars, even if I have no idea the amount. I just gave $100 plus ship for the ladder type TC rear peep. Not cheep but again, they never were cheap. The one shown would be better to hunt deer in winter. The ladder type is good for shooting paper or small game under more pleasant conditions or to make more frequent adjustments. IMHO prices are high but not crazy high.

You could argue that TC made more profit on the accessories than the guns. That is another issue.

Howdy, New here. I'm looking for a thompson center tang peep sight that is no longer made. For a hawkens. It's a model 7194 , I believe. Does any one know where I can get one? View attachment 35932thanks
I have a "saved search" on eBay for this sight. One appears about every two weeks. They usually sell for $100-$125.

If you are not set on a T/C sight. Williams makes a FP Hawken sight the is very similar and Lyman also makes one.

Back