• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one on broker right now. Shows some wear but decent. Over $200 with 13 long days left. Watch where it goes.

I was at a local gun show, saw one on a rack in .45cal. Took it down, checked the barrel, triggers, and lock. All were in good shape. Talk the seller down to $225. Got outside and saw that it had a hairline crack through the lock area of the stock.😤 We have a gunsmith at our local BP club, I gave it to him to mend. Another member said that he didn't realize that I liked those T/C's so much. Next day he GAVE me one in .50cal that he just had lying around. Both are kit guns, the .50 is beautiful, the .45 is more plain, but the guy who assembled it wrote his story in the stock under the barrel in 1981.
20201213_095015.jpg
20201213_095015.jpg

Was with my brother a couple of years ago on one of our gunshop / pawnshop road trips. Was in a great shop, full of guns, I'm eyeing up a $275 Uberti Walker with Charcoal blue while Steve asks about a ramrodded muzzle sticking up from a rack of rifles behind the counter that I had overlooked :doh: , baby brother snagged a pristine T/C Hawken Flintlock for $130... I got the Walker but would have rather had the T/C 😢.

They replaced the cock. The geometry was off or something. I missed out, didn't know about it. I fought that flintlock long enough, I bought an L&R replacement lock. I'm polishing it now and will install it when I figure out how I want to finish it.

There is a difference in the old and new designed cock. You can tell just by looking at it which one it is.

They replaced the cock. The geometry was off or something. I missed out, didn't know about it. I fought that flintlock long enough, I bought an L&R replacement lock. I'm polishing it now and will install it when I figure out how I want to finish it.
I read something last night saying the Thompson parts upgrade requires replacing the hammer, top jaw, and possibly the top jaw screw. Finding any of those now might be quite a chore.

A picture of the old TC Flintlock. Notice the deep cutout in the lower area where the neck meets the body of the cock.

Old-TC-Lock.jpg

Here is a picture of the new TC flintlock cock. Note the cutout area of the cock neck is missing.

New-TC-Flintlock.jpg

When TC made these changes, they also changed the frizzen but the differences aren't obvious.

The older tcs are great guns.
.the prices since mid winter have gone through the roof...theres nothing available out there...I have a few...will never let them go...made in the us of a...

Attachments

• 20200623_070632.png
    20200623_070632.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
T\C Hawken's IMHO, got the flintlock "business" in the right direction.

I recently re-finished my 40+ YO Kit Hawken rife. I'll start a separate thread when I get a chance.....but here's the end product after refinishing a gun that has been hunted a lot. Note: This has a replacement Green Mt. barrel on it now.

Tw3hRONh.jpg

iU1XQruh.jpg

igYw6Tzh.jpg

The TC's are a mixed lot with me. Repaired and replaced several flintlocks, but not so much caplocks. Have hogged out the stocks to install conventual flintlock, seemed like the TC main spring slowed and weakened. Most TC's around here are bringing $120/$150. flintlocks with the original lock. Caplocks use to be abundant and everywhere from $100/ $150. Since they have been carted off to a higher market value.
The price is mostly where the weapon is located and how much the buyer wants to pay. The higher price of newly manufactured weapons influence value also.
TC' just seem to be a bit heavy to lug around all day, I know, not for a mountain man, right? They do perform well, most of them. The fact these weapons are no longer made does add to the value. Bought my first TC 50 flintlock in the year late 1968. It had lock problems, big time. Traded it for a CVA 50 caplock. Suited my fancy and shot well. Excellent brush gun.
Sorry, I don't furnish the pop corn.:D

Latest posts

Back