• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Thompson Center Hawken question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's crazy is that 5-10 years ago they were sitting on gun shop shelves collecting dust at $200 when the in-line boom was at its peak and nobody cared about traditional ones. My T-C Hawken .50 percussion was given to me in about 2001 because a guy had it, no longer shot it, knew he probably couldn't sell it for much, and knew I would shoot it and enjoy it.
Prices for everything are inflated now. But if you want it, offer him $450 cash and don't look back.
I could kick myself today for all the deals I passed on in the early 2ks because I was on the inline bandwagon. The local gun shows and shops around here were full to the gills with "traditional" muzzleloaders to the point they were trying to bundle them together to be rid of them. Now they are like diamond encrusted hens teeth and cost about as much should you stumble on one even if it's not a good one.

The flipside of that is they can't give away an inline now unless it's something special like a Whites or Austin and Halleck.

I could kick myself today for all the deals I passed on in the early 2ks because I was on the inline bandwagon. The local gun shows and shops around here were full to the gills with "traditional" muzzleloaders to the point they were trying to bundle them together to be rid of them. Now they are like diamond encrusted hens teeth and cost about as much should you stumble on one even if it's not a good one.

The flipside of that is they can't give away an inline now after legalizing centerfire rifles in my local unless it's something special like a Whites or Austin and Halleck.

Back