• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Halfstock Forend Cap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajun

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Greeting all, I will be undertaking a new project in the coming weeks, a Thompson Center Halfstock replacement stock. I will be replacing most of the furniture and lock. I will be keeping the TC Hawken forend cap but instead of brass replace it with a nickel silver one. The question I have what would be the best way of installing it. I'm thinking of cutting relief lines every quarter of an inch or so (around where the cap will be) and chiseling/sandpaper the material out. Is there any other option/way that maybe easier to installing it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• fc-tc-r-15-s_1.jpg
    fc-tc-r-15-s_1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 18
The TC originals were hollow and secured with two screws from the front. I bet this one is hollow too. After fitting it to the stock I would rough up the inside and epoxy it in place. Then final sand the stock and brass cap at the same time for a perfect fit. The original TC two screw idea was not used on original guns, that I am aware of. Silver colored muzzle caps shaped like this were often cast in place and made of pewter.

The TC originals were hollow and secured with two screws from the front. I bet this one is hollow too. After fitting it to the stock I would rough up the inside and epoxy it in place. Then final sand the stock and brass cap at the same time for a perfect fit. The original TC two screw idea was not used on original guns, that I am aware of. Silver colored muzzle caps shaped like this were often cast in place and made of pewter.
Thanks Scota for the great advice., I like the idea of getting rid of the 2 screw and epoxy it in place. Thanks for your help!!!

Last edited:
You are welcome. One other thing. Glue the tip on with the barrel installed. Use release agent on the barrel! :)

Back