• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Frizzen

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidewinder

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My $.02 . I have read and heard a lot of " not so good " things about Thompson Center / Smith & Wesson customer service since Smith & Wesson bought Thompson Center . Specifically the lack of Smith & Wesson not honoring the T/C lifetime warranty . I am the 3rd owner a T/C Hawken that was made about 1974 that had a used up frizzen . On June 7 I called their customer service center . On June 8 I received my free shipping label via email for FedEx ground and promptly sent the lock on it's way to have a new frizzen put on it . On June 17 an entire new lock was delivered to my home with no money out of my pocket . I think that Is darn good service that deserves a little praise . :bow:

I haven't have any bad experience with them. As a matter of fact, I send out a 30yo beat up TC Hawken to them due to cracked stock. Bad crack. But the barrel was beat up, scratched all over. They sent me a brand spanking shining tuned up rifle! I wish I had the old barrel on it. It had such a character with almost no bluing and those war scars.
They're still doing good in my opinion.
Michael

You are right! We all gripe when things go wrong bur at times a (at a boy) gets good results.

Geo. T.

had almost the exact same experience ... asked the service folks where I could buy a new frizzen 'cause the old one was worn out, and they said just send in the lock and we'll send back a brand new one.

i'd say that a five day wait and a few bucks at the post office turned out to be a pretty good investment!

glad to hear that S&W is stepping up to the plate!

make good smoke!

A friend gave me a TC flintlock lock that he had remover everything from that would work on a percussion gun. I called them to check on price of repair and they told me to send it to them and recieved a new lock back.

I needed a hammer last year for a Hawken. A phone call is all it took. They sent me a new hammer at no cost.

I just talked to the service department at TC Thursday about a replacement for a poor sparking frizzen. They told me it was an item they considered consumable by fair wear and tear and therefore not covered under warranty. If I wished to purchase one, I could but they were out of stock. :idunno:

MSW said:
had almost the exact same experience ... asked the service folks where I could buy a new frizzen 'cause the old one was worn out, and they said just send in the lock and we'll send back a brand new one.

i'd say that a five day wait and a few bucks at the post office turned out to be a pretty good investment!
glad to hear that S&W is stepping up to the plate!

make good smoke!
Good to hear! How recent was this event?

I must admit I can't remember exactly, it was either right before or right after they were bought out by S&W, so they might have still been operating under the old rules even if it was administered by new management...

as an aside, the frizzen which I had that wore out was actually a Lyman ... many many many years ago the old T/C frizzen quit, and I took it to Chambers Gun Shop in south Central PA (i lived in Hagerstown MD at the time) and I asked the fellow to reharden the frizzen, and he said he would, or that he could save me fifteen bucks and I said "OK - i'll confess to being a dumba$$ ... how do I do that?" and he sells me a new Lyman frizzen for fifteen bucks less than the cost of rehardening the old frizzen ... needless to say, I went and spent about thirty bucks on various stuff ...
dumb like a fox ...

I don't know if the Lyman frizzen will fit the newer T/C design.

hope this helps ... good luck, and make good smoke!

That just goes to show you that it all depends on witch person answers the phone determines what kind of service you will get . I guess I was just the lucky one to get a whole new lock when I only needed a frizzen .

Back