• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson center Cherokee rifle site

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jopurcell

32 Cal
Reaction score
I’m need a TC Cherokee Rear site for rifle. The elevation screw in mine has stripped threading and won’t adjust down. Anyone have any good sites available or know where might find one.

Attachments

• 5DEDFC2D-A23A-4595-BA9B-6D25E350EAD7.jpeg
    5DEDFC2D-A23A-4595-BA9B-6D25E350EAD7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Ooh, that's gonna be a tough one, just the screw,,
Those things have been obsolete for decades, but TC did use American thread
Before you look for just the screw, best look to see if there's damage to the threads in the sight base itself also.
Ya might need to tap the base for a different size thread, easy enough to do.
Cudo's to ya for trying to salvage the original.
Others will come along to help too,, Welcome to the forum

THIS ones on ebay for 115 but i wouldnt pay these people that price Theres alt that are marketeers that butcher gun for profit on ebay and you will just be feeding them...SCUMBAGS..id file a buckhorn sight in the back with a knife file ..or jb weld one on from anything that would do .

Is there enough metal there to drill and tap for a slightly larger size screw? The SAE size and Metric screws wind up complementing each other where you can replace a SAE screw with a metric one and vice versa. For example a SAE screw can be replaced with a slightly larger metric one without jumping up in hole size too much. I did this a lot with radio control model airplane and model engines. But I haven’t had a reason to do it on a gun yet.

Is the hole in the sight stripped or just the screw? If it's just the screw, Track of the Wolf sell sight adjustment screws for TC guns in two different sizes and they show to be in stock. And if the hole is stripped, maybe you'd luck up & be able to re-tap it for the larger of the two.

Latest posts

Back