• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Thompson/Center .50 Caliber Hawken - $400

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Nice Thompson/Center .50 Caliber Hawken for sale

$400 + Actual Shipping Cost

Hawken-1.jpg

Hawken-6.jpg

Hawken-2.jpg

Hawken-3.jpg

Hawken-4.jpg

Hawken-5.jpg

Last edited:
Back in the day I was completely self taught. Nobody ever told me that fffg Goex black powder wasn't supposed to be used in .50 caliber & .62 caliber longrifles. Because fffg black powder was all I had to use when both of those custom rifles showed up in the mail, I just used it.

70 grains in the .45 caliber & .50 caliber longrifles, and 75 grains in the .62 caliber rifle gave silver dollar size, 5-shot groups at 100 yards off the bench. The recoil from the .62 caliber rifle was only slightly more noticeable than with the .45 caliber rifle.

The .45 caliber rifle had a Douglas 13/16" straight octagon barrel measuring 40" long. Both the .50 caliber & the .62 caliber rifles had Getz swamped octagon barrels measuring 42" long.

All three barrels had a 1:48" rate of twist.

Very, very interested In your Hawkin. Grandson recently got interested in muzzle loading. We pulled an old Dikar Spain .45 out of the back of the safe and did some shooting recently and needless to say, he is now hooked.

Looking for a rifle as the next step, and your Hawkins looks perfect. If it's still available, I would greatly appreciate your time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210123_140742.jpg
    IMG_20210123_140742.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 35
Very, very interested In your Hawkin. Grandson recently got interested in muzzle loading. We pulled an old Dikar Spain .45 out of the back of the safe and did some shooting recently and needless to say, he is now hooked.

Looking for a rifle as the next step, and your Hawkins looks perfect. If it's still available, I would greatly appreciate your time.

PM Sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back