• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

thompson center 50 cal hawkin rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve76020

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have a hawkin 50cal Thompson/center rifle with a new barrel on it from a Thompson center kit, the original was a factory build and the barrel was in bad shape so I bought a partial kit on eBay and the parts I got including the barrel were all brand new and the barrel was all I wanted so I took the barrel and sold the rest. what would that rifle be worth? maybe 10 shots through barrel and cleaned really good before storing its a beautiful rifle and im just looking for a ball park figure.

I also shoot it with 90grains of triple seven with a 180 grain ball is that about right

Hello Steve,

I've seen nice ones sell for $200, some higher & some less.
For target shooting you could get buy with as little as 50 grains,
but for hunting 80 - 120 grains is probably a better load.
We shoot 100 grains 777 with a 300 grain conical (in one of those plastic things),
but we're not supposed to talk about them here. If you need more info PM me.

AntiqueSledMan.

My TC Hawken loads are similar to Thunder14. I have had good luck with a little thicker patching, but it definitely requires a starter to load.

Value would probably be in the $250-$350 range based on what they have sold for here in the classifieds. Selling local depends on your location and market.

I have a hawkin 50cal Thompson/center rifle with a new barrel on it from a Thompson center kit, the original was a factory build and the barrel was in bad shape so I bought a partial kit on eBay and the parts I got including the barrel were all brand new and the barrel was all I wanted so I took the barrel and sold the rest. what would that rifle be worth? maybe 10 shots through barrel and cleaned really good before storing its a beautiful rifle and im just looking for a ball park figure.

Looks and condition go a long way in determining value of these guns. I’ve seen some I would pay 50 or 75 bucks for for parts, I’ve seen others I would pay probably 300 to 350 for. In general 250 to 275 is kinda ballpark on them.

Back