• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Thompson Center .50 Cal Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a flinty off of the rack of a gun shop many moons ago.Someone brought it in to sell it with no box,papers nuthin.It looked new and we all agreed it was never shot.I dropped in a bore lite and the bore looked terrible.We ran a swab down the barrel and it was packin grease that was put their by the factory.After that the bore shined to high heaven.I don,t trust pics.Last post cause I don,t want to hi-jack this thread.Good luck with the sale.

P.S. Get Africa some pics or you,ll never hear the end of it. 🤣 😀

If I had a Muzzleloader for sale…. I’d simple get a bore lite of some kind to show off the shiny to “high heaven” bore.

That way it sells easy and fast without any drama and wasted time of buyers inquiry.

It is simple- show all facets of sale for potential buyer to purchase at full asking amount, or don’t get that amount or don’t sell the item

Not sure how that is difficult to comprehend. Most would agree, I’d think

No discrepancy here- just a polite discussion point about a sale.

Last edited:
How gentlemen, Is a Bore photo that so many adds have in them -from so many different muzzleloaders… and so many different people ….
A difficult request from a potential buyer of a item. I understand “My Word” and all if that.Yet no need for any drama , or derogatory comments.

A simple photo isn’t that difficult to produce and problem is solved.

Would you buy a car without hearing it run first? Even if the seller said it “Runs good”.

Please let’s not forget this is another person’s sale add, it’s about there item. It’s up to them how and what they do with it. Show some respect and also realize your making it hard for him to sell his stuff. Your opinion if fine but keep it out of his sale add. Spend a little more effort being compassionate and considerate.

In today's world it gets harder by the day for people to understand that there are still folks in this world who weren't born with their thumbs/fingers permanently attached to a keyboard. I've tried every way I know how and every setting on my camera and can't do bore pix. My word is my bond and if that ain't good enough don't buy from me. And I'm quite confident I'm not the only one.

It's called "technically challenged", lots of folks are inflicted with it and it is not fatal.

Jenkkimike- Very nice person to deal with- accommodating to photo request…Sent me many photos. Bore is fine as Seller stated. It’s a bit much for me to Restore the wood in different areas,as that was My plan and Was very close to purchase. This is a nice deal for a quality Hawken Flitlock. Anyone will be Glad to deal with this member. I’m sorry to pass on purchase- Nice Flintlock.

Last edited:
If you don't have a bore light get an archery lighted nock and drop it down the bore. Works on everything from 36 cal up. Even Wal Mart handles them. You get three in a package and they will last for many years. Easy to carry in the pocket too. Works good.

using those little fishing glow sticks that you stick on a bobber work well for showing the bore. Use them a lot. especially at gun shows when looking at rifles for sale.

He provided me additional photos That showed me more detail for my decision. 👍

Last edited:
PA flintlock season is calling my name....back to the top for this hard working and very patient seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back