• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thomas Jefferson Eagle Horn .. by R.E. Froehlich

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My little salute to Thomas Jefferson, Patriot!

Completely engraved powder horn just off my work bench. Set-up for right side carry, but will work equally well carried on left side high. This horn is approximately 12 inches around the outside curve and 2 5/8 inches across its round turned American walnut domed base plug. The rear strap knob is turned cow horn and base is walnut pegged. The hand carved spout area has engrail carving and strap ring. Stopper is secure tapered fitted. The engraving on this horn includes a proud federal eagle with union jack shied, thirteen stars for the colonies, folk art heart on top with floral scrolls, leaf and vine base border engraving accent and the back of the horn has a Patriot with long gun aimed and a scroll board with the words of Thomas Jefferson "The God that gave us life...Gave us liberty at the same time, also"! __ The rest of the engraving includes fancy arch and peak border style, common on many professional made horns of the 18th Century!. I gave the horn a slightly used look and amber color with dark brown spout area.

I hope you like what you see, Rick

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

wish my crummy computer would ever load all the pix when I click on stuff like this. the ones I can see are just beautiful!!

Super horn Rick! I really like the eagle with
shield, stars and leaves.

Boy i ain't got the words!Can't even tell it etched or scrimed.Is that all from your head,or do you use a picture to look at.Magnificent,if i had the cash,that would be hanging with my other one.I am so so proud to have one of yours in my museum,cowboy indian room.Hands from god!

Back