Quantcast

this year's mule deer buck

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

wry

36 Cal.
Reaction score
It was cold! Below zero in Southwest Montana last week of season. I usually dress period, but chickened-out on this particular morning. Load: 90 grains 3f, .530 ball. pillow ticking patch. shot: 40-50 yards. A little too far back but the deer walked away about 10 yards and piled up.

Skychief

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
wry, congratulations on a fine buck. Thanks for sharing it with us. Can you tell us more about your good looking rifle?

Best regards, Skychief.

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
That gives you a feeling you can't get with anything modern. Congratulations.

Spikebuck

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Shot looks pretty good to me! Congratulations...looks like an older buck. If you only showed the rack, I'd say it was a whitetail! The body and face are all muley, but definitely not a standard muley rack. Very nice! :thumb:

Critter Getter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Nice buck and a beautiful rifle......please share more about your rifle!! Such a great feeling when everything comes together and a tag is filled! I commend you for taking the time to pose the deer for a great photograph that will be cherished for years. Congrats fellow deer warrior!! Greg

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on a good buck and a nice looking rifle.

Turtle2

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Nice Job!! That's a nice big bodied buck that no doubt will fill the pan multiple times and taste great. Great Work!!

Latest posts