• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

This is insane...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, right. Still, this phenomena deserves an explanation. Why is a reproduction Paterson c&b revolver selling at over $3k ? It isn't mistaken identy nor is it a predatory seller. Look at how many bids that listing got. Why the Italian Paterson and not the ______ ?
Several reasons, Jon.
*The sale of Cabela's to Bass Pro nipped a lot of reasonably and sales priced BP gun sales in the bud. Supply and demand.
*Covid hit Italy hard, and they are going through a smaller, second wave now. I imagine both Pietta and Uberti have a huge backlog right about now, to say nothing of Pedersoli, and the Spanish firms like Investarms.
*The current political climate has everyone scared ****less that they will have their guns taken away or their 2A rights infringed upon. A lot of guys who are not interested in BP arms historically are viewing them as a way to obtain an 'off-the-radar' backup weapon with little or no traceability. Again, supply and demand.
The overall Covid situation has placed everything in a tangle, from manufacturing, to shipping, to panic buying. I think we are seeing the trickle-down from all of the above. It took me a year of waiting and inflated pricing just to buy fencing for my back yard. And nobody is trying to take my fencing...;)

EDIT: Also need to mention the fact that some models have been discontinued, such as the Rogers & Spencer, Starr SA & DA, and the Paterson, with no announcements as to whether or not production will resume or when.

Last edited:
three winters ago i was buying TC Hawken parts on Ebay and putting them together while watching it snow. I was averaging 250.00 for lock, stock, and Barrel for some very nice condition guns. today you will be hard pressed to find a lock for that amount. Barrels are crazy and nice stocks are out of control.

remember don't shoot / hate the messenger. as stated it is the seller.

At what time do we accept that the prices for the Patterson repro revolvers are now what they are repeatedly selling for. These sales are not "one off" occurrences, but rather multiple sales, by multiple people, bidding on multiple revolvers. So, it seems to me that the current sales are telling us what the current market value is, not some past notion of what what someone "thinks" they are worth. Nothing "insane" about the free market. Nothing evil about a seller getting what a buyer is willing to pay. There is also nothing that guarantees the current prices will hold in the future. Those that know how to take advantage of a market situation will benefit. Those that whine & complain nearly always end up losers.

Yeah well... this is on gb right now, bid is up to 415...

0AE63D07-8812-4368-B5C2-8C3F64677107.jpeg
71153AFB-2A54-4AC2-85D4-A71134917BF2.jpeg

I always wanted a Patterson but my ardor took a hit when info on reliability seemed to relegate them to display only. The previous one looks well used as re-enactors prop and is missing parts.

What will really drive you insane sitting in your house and calculating just what its worth right now based on $10+ 2x4s and $75+ plywood. Then one might dare to think how much will my next insurance premium be?

BTW to move to advertise everything is starting to look like auctions due to demand and inflation. Seeing lots of "price on request" and "enter e mail address for price updates" . Hello Weimar Republic ?

I always wanted a Patterson but my ardor took a hit when info on reliability seemed to relegate them to display only. The previous one looks well used as re-enactors prop and is missing parts.

What will really drive you insane sitting in your house and calculating just what its worth right now based on $10+ 2x4s and $75+ plywood. Then one might dare to think how much will my next insurance premium be?

BTW to move to advertise everything is starting to look like auctions due to demand and inflation. Seeing lots of "price on request" and "enter e mail address for price updates" . Hello Weimar Republic ?
Our home cost $125,000.00 for lumber in 1993. (Round numbers) I’m considering parting it out...

Our home cost $125,000.00 for lumber in 1993. (Round numbers) I’m considering parting it out...
I noticed they have started to charge for salvaged lumber at the dump!!.. Used to be free. The habitat store is being (has been) stripped of used hardware and electrical. Heard bank now says NO to construction loans unless materials can be assured. This is NOT funny bit flat dangerous. It is affecting everything everything made of wood or metal and food and gas too. Steel is up beyond belief and continuing to soar. Its time to realize what is happening and why.

Uberti Texas Paterson .36 cal in very nice condition - Black Powder Pistols & Muzzleloader Pistols at GunBroker.com : 900740562

Colt prices for an Italian replica. I know that a genuine Paterson would go for much, much more but come on.

I can think of far better firearms to spend that kind of money on. Each his own, their money their choice...
Our interests might be BP, but there are several reasons why the pieces are going up. Please note the "insane" sale prices of sight-unseen real-estate. Get used to being run-over by the prices of just about everything, assuming availability, at all.
Would you buy a house you had never seen in person? How about a $45,000 truck, or a $70,000 +, high-end Jeep? A good steak? If you have the bucks now, good for you. If you are on the edge, like most people, good luck. It is only going to get worse. 400 billion in stolen stimulus checks...?
We have the best government money can buy, and it is growing by the day. Witness the corrupt IRS.

I noticed they have started to charge for salvaged lumber at the dump!!.. Used to be free. The habitat store is being (has been) stripped of used hardware and electrical. Heard bank now says NO to construction loans unless materials can be assured. This is NOT funny bit flat dangerous. It is affecting everything everything made of wood or metal and food and gas too. Steel is up beyond belief and continuing to soar. Its time to realize what is happening and why.
The reason is simple. "Slow Joe" has the printing presses running 24 hours a day. If you're old enough to remember the days of Jimmy Carter you will understand completely.

Unfortunately, all too well. Sooner or later the double digit interest rates will be back if we don't stop the bleeding.
In another thread I'm doing progress reports on an attempted long rifle resurrection. Its been a real eye opener. It seems inflation (and irritability) has spread to muzzleloaders. Prices and material availability are at break point, frustrating both sellers and consumers. Many parts and complete items are either out of stock or priced beyond most folks means. Even shipping is nuts (and iffy). The system is running on fumes and many are out of gas completely. Building (or just repairing) ANYTHING is now almost out of the question from guns to houses. Banks saying no to construction loans is a severe warning of worse times ahead. I place the blame on those trying to damage us and those who think mental illness in current leaders is a good thing.

Back