• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

This is insane...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly the point of my post. While other Italian reproductions may have gone ‘up’ the Paterson repros have gone through the roof, selling at 4-5 times their value. Not Navy’s, not Armys, the Italian made Paterson. I can’t explain it.
P.T. Barnum stated that,"""A fool is born every day""" !

That's just nuts. "Just say no". If people would stop paying ransom-esque prices for Italian imports maybe the hucksters will re-think their game.
I could have bought that gun brand new in 2019 for around $750.00.

I stupidly sold my Pietta Starr SA- and am on track to buy one again if it surfaces at a decent price!
As to the Paterson this over-price trend has been going on for about a year. For some unknown reason that gun is selling often for 2-4 times what any rational person should pay. Just a few mos ago an otherwise unremarkable Uberti Paterson sold for $1850! Think about that for a moment. Why this gun ? Why now ? If I can find that sold listing I’ll post it.

How bad do you want one?

Last edited:
I know right ? Still, this phenomena deserves an explanation. Why is a Italian reproduction Paterson c&b revolver selling at over $3k ? It isn't mistaken identity nor is it a predatory seller. Look at how many bids that listing got. These people wanted this gun. Is it simply because it's out of production ?

I was born at night, but not last night.

Back