• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

This caplock followed me home

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Problem Child

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I found this at a gunshow today.It's supposed to be a .36 cal.No markings on the barrel.The only markings I've seen is "Warranted" stamped on the lock.Also,it's a single trigger.Does anyone know what this is?
DSC01285.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

That thing could be dangerous. If I were you I'd take it outside and shoot it! :rotf:

The patchbox looks like the one that was on my Minuteman. Any other markings? It could be one built from parts.

No other markings that I can see.How do you remove the barrel....drive out the small pins in the escutcheons??

It is a minuteman i have one just like it. been looking for parts everywhere. if you will read an earlier post you will find all the info on it. It was made by Numrich

Tony; Just now got online and saw your post. That is a Numrich arms minuteman rifle. The .350 ooo buckshot will be just right for that barrel. Bring it next Sunday.
Be Well
Bill

Thanks guys.Bill..what type grease did you say to coat the bottom of the barrel with before I put the pins back in ??? I was going to use synthetic grease but decided that might not be that rust resistant.

I used water pump grease because that's what I had. Any kind of grease will work.
Bill

Pawbill said:
I used water pump grease because that's what I had. Any kind of grease will work.
Bill

I've always been reluctant to use grease - worried that it would thin out and run into the stock as the barrel heated up when fired repeatedly, even if the barrel channel is finished. So I always use several coats of paste wax. Seems to work well.

And that rifle is a really nice one - congrats on getting it.

sneezy

neat looking rifle- you say it followed you home, but it seems to lack the characteristic cold wet nose and sad eyes of the usual 'it followed me home' subject.

on the upside, it is unlikely that it will ever get sick on the rug, violate the neighbors rose bushes, or snarl at the mailman.

as to the care and feeding, i will gladly undertake a more detailed study if you'd care to send it to me.

absent that, make good smoke!

p.s. congrats on your new rifle!

Hopkins and Allen Minuteman , barrels were made by Numrich Arms in the beginning. When H&A went under Numrich bought the remaining parts inventory . They are good shooters !

Back