• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thimble purchase?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman5433

32 Cal
Reaction score
Does any one have some useful links for replacement Thimbles? I need both and only thing I see is ebay and they never have the screws...

I’ve bought a lot of small parts from Ramblinman on evil-bay. Fairly reasonable prices and a good feller to work with. He’s a member here but don’t get on the site very often.

@Superman5433, your rifle appears to be an Invest Arms manufactured rifle.

Numrich isn't showing much in their line of parts. Lyman spare parts lists the complete rib, but not the thimble.

You may find some parts at Muzzleloaders Builders' Supply. They have a good selection of parts too.

@Superman5433, your rifle appears to be an Invest Arms manufactured rifle.

Numrich isn't showing much in their line of parts. Lyman spare parts lists the complete rib, but not the thimble.

You may find some parts at Muzzleloaders Builders' Supply. They have a good selection of parts too.

Thanks, I will look that direction also

I really do not see a problem with making them, find some medium weight brass tubing, (lowes,tractor supply those type of places)cut to length with a hack saw ,camphor the ends a bit (you could even file decorative rings on the tubing) find the center of the thimbles you just made drill a hole big enough to get a small turn screw in then drill and counter sink a smaller hole opposite of first hole, (on the inside of the thimble) that fits the screws (local hardware store for brass machine screws to fit threading in under rib cut the screws too proper length for a tight fit) polish up the new thimbles install use a bit of lock tight on the screws. and your done. A nice project for a boring evening. And you made them that adds to the history of your weapon. No forging necessary just a few simple tools.

Latest posts

Back