• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The weather outside was frightful!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackley

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The weather yesterday sucked! 6 degrees for the high, 39 mph gusts and snow, no bird hunting. So off to the shop. Been wanting to make a new betty lamp. So I got out an old one and copied it.
GEDC0188.JPG

Always wanted one of the tapered ramrod ends. I got some sheet steel and rolled it. Then brazed it as the originals. This was a real pain alot of fussing to get this done. It took along time. The brass one is one I turned. Then I made acouple of tow worms. to go with them.
GEDC0189.JPG

Its -15 degrees now. No bird hunting today. So I don't know what I'll attempt today.

Jerry

Those tapered rammer ends are the worst to make. If I was to make one for someone else, I'd charge at least $1000...

The weather yesterday sucked! 6 degrees for the high, 39 mph gusts and snow, no bird hunting. So off to the shop. Been wanting to make a new betty lamp. So I got out an old one and copied it. View attachment 2509
Always wanted one of the tapered ramrod ends. I got some sheet steel and rolled it. Then brazed it as the originals. This was a real pain alot of fussing to get this done. It took along time. The brass one is one I turned. Then I made acouple of tow worms. to go with them.View attachment 2510

Its -15 degrees now. No bird hunting today. So I don't know what I'll attempt today.

Jerry
Jerry,
Impressive!! Not to mention the best way to stave off cabin fever!!
Is the Betty lamp a grease lamp?

Back