• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The waiting is the hardest part...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
TVM contacted me yesterday for me to pay my balance for the Early Virginia left hand flint lock I ordered back in June. 54 caliber, 42 inch swamped barrel, silver front sight with super premium curly maple with the red finish. Should arrive in another 4-5 weeks.

That's not bad. Only about 8 months or so. :thumbsup:
I'm curious about their business practice.
I would have expected them to require the balance when the rifle is ready to ship, not a month or more out. I'm looking forward to seeing that stock. By all means please share some pictures. I'm waiting for a new rifle myself from another builder...and expecting something like a year wait. I'm also considering some kind of "reddish"..Cherry stain for the wood.

Well if it helps the wait, I waited 2 years for my rifle from another custom builder.

Fleener

I hope you're happy with your TVM rifle. I have a Late Lancaster, .54, swamped barrel and am very happy with mine. In my experience, the TVM people are great to do business with. It took about 6 months total to get mine, that was 3 or 4 years ago though.
Snakebite

I've been wanting to order a TVM for some time but can't make up my mind on the barrel profile I want.

I do know I want a percussion full stock with maple stock honey finish brown iron furnishings, po' boy style but maybe a bit fancier with better grade maple .36 caliber and a swamped bbl but what bbl length??

So many things to consider when ordering one of these, and they fee you if you change your mind later on so best to have all ducks in a row... problem is I've no ducks in a row!!! :doh:

Your wait time is better than mine......

I bought a TVM builders special, Early Virginia LH flintlock is 45 cal in April 2014. It came a month later

Almost 4 year later, I'm still not done with it....

I'm back in gear with it though.

Keep that in the back of your head while you pace infront of the door for the next month....

Feel very free to post many close-up pictures. I got the trigger to inlet next. The lock, barrel, and butt are in. The barrel have lugs and a sight. The trigger and guard, the nosecap, and the ramrod pipes need to be inleted. Then trim the wood fat off of her, sand and finish.

Back