• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The UK muzzle loading market

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
To date the UK market for muzzle loading guns and firearms is absolutely flooded it is defiantly a buyers market One of the big auction houses for this type muzzle loaders this weekend on the 1st July has the following for auction
Percussion original longarm with 63lots from £ 120 +
Original Flintlock long arms 26 lots from £!00 +
In the repros Muzzle loading Shotguns with 29 lots from £60
.Repro Muzzle loading pistols 65 lots of single barrel and revolvers from £90
Repro muzzle loading Rifles 21 lots starting from £100
Feltwad

Only thing to remember is that here in UK ANY replica is classed as a current firearm - Section 1 for rifled arms and Section 2 for shot guns - muzzleloading or not.

If only you could hunt big game with them there!
The powers that be decided NO black powder gun or any sort of bow can kill Deer ect some foot pounds rubbish the Beer talkers probably dreamt up All they know is snobbery & 243 & 270 . Even the 600 nitro isn't allowed It was made to flatten Jumbo's But hasn't the Muzzle velocity so is debarred .Not that it was ever a UK option . And what did Robin hood use ? not a 243 Ime sure . The Snider & all such & Ml's again are banned . Here in NZ All Deer & Ferrol any thing ( unfortunately Not politician's ) are classed as introduced Vermin & are hunted with whatever goes off bang or sends a shaft fast enough . Most Pig hunters have dogs & go in with a knife, slasher or old bayonet so aside of the pick up with dog boxes in the back its positively Medieval. . Me I mostly use flintlocks but I have hunted with wheellocks & snap matchlocks the game doesn't seem to notice they are unfit for the purpose .
Permanently in Exile .Rudyard

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back