• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Trade Gun is Finished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strong work, @TDM ! That gun is a dandy!

I’ll be looking forward to a full report after field testing.

Notchy Bob
Thank you Sir. I cast some RBs for it this afternoon for it. Weather permitting I’ll do some shooting tomorrow. I saw a lot of first on this build, definitely a learning experience, but I enjoyed it. Hope it shoots!!!

It was great to follow along with this build and you certainly made a fine gun, especially considering the challenges that the kit presented. You have some real tallent my friend.
I have to say that's about the glossiest stock I've seen in a while.

It was great to follow along with this build and you certainly made a fine gun, especially considering the challenges that the kit presented. You have some real tallent my friend.
I have to say that's about the glossiest stock I've seen in a while.
Thank you, using that Permalyn was a definite learning curve for me. The sealer and finish are great products but I got a little carried away!

Wow...I really like that!! Very nice work. Now that you did one..you going to do anymore? Again you did well awesome job!
Thank you. I enjoy the building and I learned a lot on this one, had never done one this involved. But a later Trade Gun would be something to consider. I’ve got a Woodsrunner that’s somewhere between Ohio and Louisiana right now. I want to try some carving on it, which I’ve never done, so I’ll take my time with it too. But if money was no object, unfortunately it is, I’d certainly build another Trade Gun.

Smokin.

I think it came out even better than hoped for. If it were mine, I’d probably be up all night, sleepless, anticipating that first shot! It was fun watching the progress but I know I lack the patience and any of that kind of talent. I can make boxes, squares and rectangles out of wood just fine. Not and artistic bone anywhere here.

If it shoots like it looks, you won’t even need to aim. Just point and squeeze.

:)

Latest posts

Back