• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Trade Gun is Finished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it’s done. The build thread had gotten so long I thought it best to post the photos in a new one. Overall I’m pleased. Now I’ve got to cast some RBs and try her out
Can you tell me what and how you did the finish on the stock? I’m new and just started following you. I’m building my first gun and I like your finish, I like the maple wood but I don’t like the orange look that much, I like the darker look yours has much better.

It looks great but thats up to you . I'm glad the wood turned a little darker but thats just me. its really sharp looking . Good job bud !! Enjoy ! Gotta open up your thread about shooting it noe and see how she did ....
Forgot to mention that she weighed in at 6 lbs 2 oz. Still not sure if I’m in love with such a shiny finish. Normally I would have aged the brass some, but I thought that would look more out of place with the stock finish. I won’t make any changes now, but if the shine doesn’t grow on me I’ll scuff it up and wax it.

It looks great but thats up to you . I'm glad the wood turned a little darker but thats just me. its really sharp looking . Good job bud !! Enjoy ! Gotta open up your thread about shooting it noe and see how she did ....
Thanks Rob, shot it this morning. Posted a new thread on it here in the Smoothbore forum.

Can you tell me what and how you did the finish on the stock? I’m new and just started following you. I’m building my first gun and I like your finish, I like the maple wood but I don’t like the orange look that much, I like the darker look yours has much better.
Welcome to the forum. I did a lengthy building thread and that should give you the needed information. Look up Clay Smith Trade Gun Build. Be happy to try and help if you need more info.

Back