• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

The temptation!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A gas station that sells guns?

That was my first thought, but looking at the pics more closely it looks like sort of a combo service station/hardware store. It appears to be in a rural area, so they may have some sporting goods (hunting/fishing) as well. :dunno:

I do not have a 16 black powder but my advice is, go get it.
I do have a 16 gauge and Browning didn’t call them a Sweet 16 for no reason..

9E73932E-767B-486A-8469-3FCE79A9A559.jpeg

Tip Cutis 16 gauge cylinder bore, 44” Colerain barrel & L& R lock.

Last edited:
I did read. "forget where" that in the days of percussion shotguns the gentry in England shot the 16g and only gamekeepers and surfs shot the 12..

I did read. "forget where" that in the days of percussion shotguns the gentry in England shot the 16g and only gamekeepers and surfs shot the 12..
Dunks you would have found that in the percussion period most of the estates gentry did not shoot or very little and those that did bore size varied , Yes the gamekeepers did the most shooting to supply the big house and the lords friends with meat for the table . When the gentry became more active in game shooting was at the latter end of the percussion period but most in the early breech loader period
From the 1980.s onwards I did 25 plus years research into estate shooting activities plus provincial gunmakers of the period . During this research I came across old estate records going back to the 1700 also the gunmakers of the north of England this alone totalled over 300 makers entries .
Feltwad

C'mon Mr. Brit, go buy that 16 gauge. Spend the money and stimulate the economy. Never seen a Brinks truck following a hearse to the cemetery. We are in need some pictures and a good hunting story.

Percy

Because a smoothbore doesn't require an additional entry for a rifled firearm on his firearm certificate.

A smoothbore firearm is not entered on a Firearm Certificate here in UK. Only if the barrel is less than 24 inches - ie a miniature cannon or similar is it classed as a Section 1 Firearm.

Shotguns are classed as Section 2 firearms and once you have the Shotgun Certificate [not a licence] you can buy as many as you want without asking anybody for permission.

Its sad news I am afraid.
I inspected the 16g zouave copy closely today and upon removing the barrel there was many cracks in the stock inletting and towards the wrist! The wood looked kind of washed out and grey! Especially bad around the breach tang inletting
The bore isn't to bad but not perfect.
The lock looks good.
My scales says its 12lb too!!

I no longer can go for it boys.
I am going to decline it.

Back