• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

The Spread Eagle Inn and Tavern est. 1836 WARNING pic heavy!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife and I took a day trip and picked up my Kibler Woodsrunner near Hanoverton Ohio, when we left we went to the above mentioned tavern. Man did it reek of historical coolness!! Food was amazing and service was above and beyond ( which is a rarity these days). The Inn was built around 1836 and is still in operation today, one can take your pick of four rooms to rent ( but reservations is a must) and dine with the top senators. We dined in the main hall, but roamed freely after our meal to see what all is actually there.. man there is a lot! I’ll let the pictures do my talking.
S.Kenton,
Sent you a PM.

Wife and I took a day trip and picked up my Kibler Woodsrunner near Hanoverton Ohio, when we left we went to the above mentioned tavern. Man did it reek of historical coolness!! Food was amazing and service was above and beyond ( which is a rarity these days). The Inn was built around 1836 and is still in operation today, one can take your pick of four rooms to rent ( but reservations is a must) and dine with the top senators. We dined in the main hall, but roamed freely after our meal to see what all is actually there.. man there is a lot! I’ll let the pictures do my talking.
This is one awesome place! Will have to put it on my bucket list!

Thank you for sharing this! It is so much history in this country,
and to be able to visit it with your family, makes it special.

Click on the pictures for the full image.. here’s more..
This is really fantastic. Thank you very, very, much for sharing with us.
Of course, I wouldn't have minded some food pics, lol.

It's really great that your wife enjoyed it too, not "just tolerating her husband's odd interests." You're a lucky guy.

We have several historic places like it around. Some no longer house the original business but the building is the same and the sign out front let's you know what it was. But, there are at least 2 colonial era tavern inns within 40 minutes of me that still serve and have rooms available.
I'd love to go for a meal sometime with some like minded friends in full colonial garb..... just show up that way unannounced to see the reaction.

Thank you again.

Great photo-trip! Thanks!

I always wonder at rifles hung just above the opening of a fireplace. Looks good, but just does not seem like a good idea.
Me, also. The heat/cold cycles, the potential smoke, etc. It almost seems like a movie thing, or Norman Rockwell-type illustrations. There was brief discussion on this site about the practice, one guy said it was absolutely fine, etc., etc. Historical fireplaces aren't as well engineered as today's homes, guess it's all up to the individual. I don't see making a thread out of it! :)

Neat looking place. If I ever get to Kiblers I'll have to visit. Thanks for posting. Love to eat in establishments like this vs modern glam ones. More history and atmosphere. Wife and I ate in place last night (Valentines Day) with a late 1800's/early 1900's decor/atmosphere. Both ate one of their steak/shrimp specials, not hungry this morning, both agreed next Feb 14th we'll treat it like any other day of the year and forgo dining out. Won't happen but the thought of the morning. 😄

Back