• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

The seasons.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it me or are the seasons seeming to merge into one? Or is it time just seems to go quicker and quicker?

It only seems like a few days ago I was hunting in the cold dark short winter days and now its nearly May already!
Anyway it's been a warm sunny day without any wind here, ideal for the hmr but nope, it had been over a week since making smoke so I went rabbit hunting with the little 45.
It was going to be one of those days when you nearly wish you had not bothered!
First off, annoying noisy walkers everywhere ! Living on a cramped island is a royal pain in the rump!
As if that wasn't bad enough my stubbornness had me bring along the last small amount of really course powder. After two shots at squirrels the third missfired on a nice buck rabbit, then the fourth rabbit! I crammed some fine powder in the nipple and shot it at a fence post at about forty yards. The 3/4oz of #5 peppered the post quite well.
Feeling disheartened i reloaded as the sun was close to setting and headed to an area with a few rabbits i spotted on my last visit.
I found a very abliging buck and made a successful 20yd shot.
There was enough light left for a another try but on reflection I thought no, I'm going home !
Maybe I can revisit tomorrow after work and have a more regular session on my preferred powder granulation of powder.
Oh yeah, the photo.
20210418_211645.jpg

Well, Brit, I don't know about seasons blending, but I notice as the years go by I am slow to notice. At least you didn't get skunked, maybe better days are ahead. I just can't get over how big that bunny looks.

Birthdays used to come a life time apart. Now it’s less me every other weekend. Winter was never ending fun, inteurupted by brief times it was a pia, now they wipe by and more pia then fun. Summers gone before it starts

Funny you posted this Brit this evening while I was walking the dog, my mind got too wandering about our granddaughter she will be 20 years old this coming Oct. seems like yesterday she was running around the house about in a diaper, We always the wife the baby and I celebrated our birthdays with a going out too a nice restaurant, we were all born in Oct. If she would of waited another hour or so she would of been born on my birthday, the baby ask about this year told her she and her grandmother would have to celebrate without me as I would be in Wyoming hunting. Time waits on no one, enjoy it while you can. ( Pete) that's her nick name is the apple of our eye.

Your never too old for a birthday celebration, look at the bright side as long as your eating cake your on the right side of the grass.

Back