• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Ruger New/ Old Army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were made in both blue and stainless. For a collector
any commemorative increases value. You can get ROA on
the auction sites from $700 to 1200 commonly. Recently
one was sold on this forum for around $600.

People also tend to pay more for the 1976 Liberty editions and the earlier, pre-warning marked barrels.

As to Alaska, when you have a view like this in a city, you know you live in a great State.

Attachments

• AK5.jpg
    AK5.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 54
Sir, you talk like this would be a lot of money. That's very odd to me, living here in UK where a second-hand ROA can easily top that. A thousand dollars for a handgun that is probably going to last three or four hundred years, bearing in mind the material of which it is made?

A bargain, I'd call it.

And I'd add that almost every day we see examples of rifles here on these pages that cost many times that amount. Many people here pay way more than that for a kit.

The day of the 50c burger is behind us, Folks, and it is my earnestly-held opinion that a ROA at $1K would fly off the shelves like a flying thing.
I just don't see many guys spending a Grand for a cap-n-ball pistol, Ruger or not.

I must amend my comment by recognizing the UK restricts or totally outlaws cartridge pistols, so maybe "over there" the whole equation is different economically and legally.

Not exactly. Sir. Over in Northern Ireland they can own and shoot ANY kind of handgun, BP or c*r*r*d*e-firing. Here in mainland UK you CAN own a handgun, but not shoot it, or you can kinda own it but it has to be stored and fired under controlled conditions at one of around twelve secure locations.

Having been a soldier and then an officer for 33 years, with two years in the Territorial Army infantry before all that, I'm not about to stand and shoot my own handgun while I'm being supervised by some civilian snot to make sure that I'm not actually enjoying the experience. I trust you see my point of view.

I DO have a Ruger Super Redhawk, but not as you understand it, Jim. It has a 14" barrel, and a sticky-out thing on the butt to make it 24" overall.

'Economically' has nothing to do with it - you can either afford to shoot or you can't. I neither drink nor smoke, nor ever have in my life, and I'm 75. I have three pensions, too, so poverty is NOT my middle name.

'Legally' is a different matter. You just do NOT break the law here - any of it - as even a simple infraction can easily cause the Police Authorities - who issue the Firearms Certificate [FAC] - to deem you no longer a 'fit person' to hold it. It can be revoked by a single keystroke, and you are left in illegal possession of however many Section 1 [Rifled] firearms you have on that now-defunct FAC. You'd better hope that your friendly LGS can help you out - fast.

If you REALLY want to see what is involved in REAL handgun ownership on Mainland UK, take a look at Callum's Youtube video here - it explains it all quite clearly, but trust me, you won't like it one bit.

Last edited:
From the time that the 2nd Amendment was adopted the
Torries have fought it. Only the Elites-kings men should be
allowed to have guns. In England you have to have tight
controls because you have a large population of Hostile
Immigrants who will seize control if allowed. Too bad.
Still looking for a Blued ROA in good shape.

Simple, it is the zenith of a modern cap and ball revolver. Sort of like the RMC Accusporter is still a side lock muzzle loader. Modern made of premium steel and about as strong as it gets, but still cap and ball.

Great video. Wake up America, we may be next…
We "may" be next? I'd say we are next. Eventually, your average person is going to get sick of all the shootings here. They stay out of now, but will likely support increasing "common sense" measures. Mind you, it won't stop the problem. But it'll let the politicians appear to be doing something and it'll make people feel good. That's what we're all about here.

As for my Ruger old army, I don't think I would sell if for $1000 right now.

We "may" be next? I'd say we are next. Eventually, your average person is going to get sick of all the shootings here. They stay out of now, but will likely support increasing "common sense" measures. Mind you, it won't stop the problem. But it'll let the politicians appear to be doing something and it'll make people feel good. That's what we're all about here.

As for my Ruger old army, I don't think I would sell if for $1000 right now.
Yes, politicians are a part of the problem.
The real enemy is the media.

wm

My Two.
Dad's and mine.
I bought mine in 1975/76, Dad liked mine so much he bought one himself. Trips to the local gun range with Dad, black powder smoke rolling. Good times.
He's been gone many years now.
Happy Fathers Day in heaven Pop.
009.jpg

From the time that the 2nd Amendment was adopted the
Torries have fought it. Only the Elites-kings men should be
allowed to have guns. In England you have to have tight
controls because you have a large population of Hostile
Immigrants who will seize control if allowed. Too bad.
Still looking for a Blued ROA in good shape.
Seems to me that in England these firearms laws came about early 20th century because of their concern about armed Irish.

At some future point in time, some young kid will tell his
buddy that, "My Great Grandpa lived back when you
were trusted to own a gun of your own." at which point
a small monitoring light will blink outside his house
indicating something forbidden was spoken or thought.
You have only to view the '60's TV series "The Prisoner", by & with Patrick McGoohan, to see how this is possible.

Back