• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

The Rifle Shoppe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I would have been to have received that lump of wood. That's all I'm going to write about it.
Writeing as a stocker more used to planks I don't see what's so daunting I did use any Pre Shapes' Fort Hill' or'Pecatonica 'as I got then on specials at F Ship shoots ..I knew TRS when they first started Jesse came to F ship . Ime sure he tries but some evidently have had long waits .. I bought parts now & then. ,Mr Foley probably dosnt 'Do 'wood , I cant say at this distance but I doubt it would faze me any being more familiar with the stuff .
(Luxury! ,We used to dream o full inletted !) Hmmm .

It's easier to knock that do it and getting the right staff would likey have been a problem with Covet & the useless current Government .So be a little kind ere you condemn the firm. .Something about walking a mile in another mans Moccasins' comes to mind ..
Regards Rudyard

Writeing as a stocker more used to planks I don't see what's so daunting I did use any Pre Shapes' Fort Hill' or'Pecatonica 'as I got then on specials at F Ship shoots ..I knew TRS when they first started Jesse came to F ship . Ime sure he tries but some evidently have had long waits .. I bought parts now & then. ,Mr Foley probably dosnt 'Do 'wood , I cant say at this distance but I doubt it would faze me any being more familiar with the stuff .
(Luxury! ,We used to dream o full inletted !) Hmmm .

It's easier to knock that do it and getting the right staff would likey have been a problem with Covet & the useless current Government .So be a little kind ere you condemn the firm. .Something about walking a mile in another mans Moccasins' comes to mind ..
Regards Rudyard

Living in a country where home-making of firearms can earn you 15 years free meals and your own, rent-free accommodation [albeit cramped], I've never been tempted to build any kind of a firearm.

Doesn't mean that I'm somehow a lesser person. What I DO build are cars for my railroad... at least I can't get sent to jail for building THEM.

1664645618727.png

1664645661824.png

1664645719347.png

1664645767632.png

1664645823898.png

1664645873110.png

Surprised to read all this. Seems the general tone with TRS has always been you are a real peasant if you don’t own one. Was kicking around the Baker but the above has given me pause. That stock was horrific on top of everything else. Don’t mind working wood but that pic had me wondering if there was even enough wood.

Living in a country where home-making of firearms can earn you 15 years free meals and your own, rent-free accommodation [albeit cramped], I've never been tempted to build any kind of a firearm.

Doesn't mean that I'm somehow a lesser person. What I DO build are cars for my railroad... at least I can't get sent to jail for building THEM.

View attachment 165686

View attachment 165687
View attachment 165688

View attachment 165689

View attachment 165690

View attachment 165691

Dear Mr Foley Clearly you Do do wood can't fault your skills there , superb work . I started off in the same country voted with my feet but was RFD for years ere I did so . I used to avail of box cars but only if the refrigerated ' Hot Shots 'where not to be had (Even Ho bo's can be selective ). I once was on a train to Birmingham but snow so delayed it leaveing I just opened the door & got off , would have missed my appointment at the Proof House . Some Railway bod had kittens told me to get back on bubbles to that I just walked back to the still near station & cashed in the ticket . Same lines in the US and you just walk the tracks like a street no Kittens involved sept in the yards maybe. I enjoyed the Feight's So useful too impecunious travellers like I tended to be ." Fully Air conditioned observation cars "CO whatever respected Company had a service going my way . The sound of the big Deisel's always got me going very often the Big 'Eastern RVous' where in sound of the camps .. However I digress thought you as a railway buff would relate to that stuff Regards Rudyard

There is a lot of mom-and-pop in our supply chain. Deal with it. Muzzleloading is not an activity that would support suppliers whose stocks are traded on Wall Street.
Bravely spoken except this isn’t a 50 cent candy bar you are buying sight unseen but $1400 in precision merchandise. Some expectations on the part of the buyer are natural enough eh?

Let me guess......a Dremel tool ?
a dremel could produce cleaner. only thing i can envision is there was a bad bearing on the piece of equipment used. or the beaver had a bad day and a tooth ache.
i cannot in my wildest dreams understand that being sent out to someone as a kit!

My guess is a dull endmill. It was pushing a wooden burr. Operator should have noticed this and put in a fresh one. OR the wood was still a little green.
My bess only took about two months to receive. They are awaiting parts from the foundry for a Baker carbine i ordered ( mid November ). Four + months to wait. Try ordering a Pedersoli from the factory right now , and they are a much bigger company.
It should be mentioned that TRS is about the only place to order some models. Even India doesn’t do everything.

Back