• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

The next level of GB insanity has been reached.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The asking price is $200 for the box.
Not the pistol.
The beat up, empty box that the pistol came in.
It is time for Katy to bar the door...
1617291135061.jpeg

Geez, if a guy buys this he either is insanely stinkin rich, REALLY needs the box for a sale that would recoup the "loss" or he is more than likely a US Congressman. Yes, Insane.

I have several boxes for my sidelock rifles? Vaca??

I sold a dupe I had of this Colt Custom Shop presentation case/box for more than that, a few years ago.

KfkUk4bm.jpg
VgNTdLzm.jpg

The asking price is $200 for the box.
Not the pistol.
The beat up, empty box that the pistol came in.
It is time for Katy to bar the door...
View attachment 71309

It's looks like a scam to me, to take advantage of some poor saps impetuous nature in the current gun market. Some fool will only see "colt dragoon $200" and click purchase before he realizes it's an empty box. By the time it arrives and he discovers it's empty, it's too late, The crook is gone with his paypal money.

Caveat emptor.

If you collect Colt revolvers and need or want the original box, what’s it worth, I’ve seen them sell for a little or a lot more depending, to most a box is just a box, to a collector it makes all the difference, as far as being a scam, I doubt the seller is ripping off many folks from his almost 300 A+ rating since he began selling in 2015.

If you collect Colt revolvers and need or want the original box, what’s it worth, I’ve seen them sell for a little or a lot more depending, to most a box is just a box, to a collector it makes all the difference, as far as being a scam, I doubt the seller is ripping off many folks from his almost 300 A+ rating since he began selling in 2015.
Well, I learn something every day...

Back