• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The next generation baptism

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Texas grandson is up here in Missouri from Texas Tech for the holidays ...
I gave him for his Eagle Scout accomplishment of 4 years ago an unmentionable Henry embellished in gold engravings commemorating the Eagle Scout feat (would picture it but I guess I cannot) ..it is unbelievable ..trust me ..so he wanted to go to the range as he has been in straight college since receiving ...
Grandpa snuck along a Colt 1949 pocket, 1862 Police and an 1860 Army ...left at noon for the range for an hour shoot ..he ran a couple tubes thru the unmentionable and did a good job sighting it in ...then I handed him a loaded/capped 1849 Colt..he came away with a polite smile ..handed him the 1862 Police loaded/capped and the smile grew ..
Then as I handed the loaded/capped 1860 Army I'm pretty sure I caught him wetting his lips ..after 6 down range the grin was pretty much permanent
Load n shoot, load n shoot with him doing it all after I did the first reload showing him the various from powder/ball/lube on chamber face to powder/wonder wad/ball to pre-made papers cartridges w/ball front dipped in bees wax n olive oil

We got home in the dark at 5:30 ..grandma was not impressed with no phone call until she learned of no cell coverage at the range

Here he is with the 1860 Army ..maybe there is hope

Bear

Well I'm a member of the next generation myself. Grew up going to the rendezvous so it's no surprise I'm into black powder now. Doing my best to make sure there's more of us! Seems like the rest of my generation is more interested in that newfangled smokeless powder though.

Back