• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

the new 32 cal muzzleloader!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tex hunter said:
Someday maybe I'll get a possum.

Texthunter,
I hope you get'em all.Had a bad experience as a kid with them opossums. I was maybe 11/12 out rabbit hunting with my dad and
brother and two great beagles.We came up out of
a gully into an open field.Where about 30 feet
ahead was a dead horse.Dogs started going crazy.
As we got closer and the dogs yelping like hell,a whole family of opossums came out from the belly of that horse. The lovely looking mother and
four cute little kitts.We held back one beagle
right away,but the other went after the mother,
without hesitation.To make a long story short,the mother opossum,did more damage than could be repaired and my beagle was put down! :(
Kill them all and eat them if you like'em :barf: .Just my
humble opinion.
snake-eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
The little .32 is still undiscovered. The little mighty-might is a blast to shoot and it's fun!

Yes, those oppossums can be nasty. We caught them by the tails as kids.Our theory was that if you could drag them backwards by the tail, as long as you kept them moving, you could grab them by the back of the neck with the other hand. Believe it or not, it works well. But do not try it on any other wild animal, such as a raccoon. Don't ask me how I know.... I found out the hard way that a raccoon may as well be a small Grizzly when it is scared! :thumbsup:

as a certified hillbilly i will tell you what me and my grandad would do we would go out at night with a lattern we would go up to our apple trees cause mister possum loves his apples the one with the lite would shine it inthe eyes of the possum and tother one would come around behind and grab him by the tail that was my job and id quick put him in a toe sack we would take him home and put him in a cage and feed him up on cornbread and apples and then when he was good and fat we would btcher him grannie wold parboil him first to get rid of some fat and the rankness and then she would bake him!! um um thats good mountain cooking!

Boar-dilly said:
No its not. Its called Equine Protozoal Myetoencephalitis. I know of a few horses that had to be put down from it. Affects the spinal cord. They can get it from drinking water that a opossum has urinated in too. Dilly

I just looked back at this thread & did a little research. I stand corrected! :redface:
Your spelling of the disease was slightly off, but otherwise you were right on track. Here's a link to what I found: http://www.addl.purdue.edu/newsletters/2004/summer/epm.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Back