• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

The Making of Outlaw Josie Wales

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was one of the Walkers weaknesses wasnt it? But You must admit it was one good looking gun though!

Well, not a Walkers strong point. I've always wondered in that movie when he shot the rope for the Missouri Boatride? Why didnt he just cut the rope. But that would have left the boat with alot of rope to pull themselves back to the other shore wouldnt it? Plus they had to "hollywood" it up a bit, l suppose. But still well done.

An interesting documentary here:

Enjoyed seeing the documentary again. It is very well done.

A favorite scene in the film shows Josey Wales riding into the Comanche camp to pre-emptively attempt to live in peace with the Indians.

Ten Bears to Josey Wales:

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” -
Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Enjoyed seeing the documentary again. It is very well done.

A favorite scene in the film shows Josey Wales riding into the Comanche camp to pre-emptively attempt to live in peace with the Indians.

Ten Bears to Josey Wales:

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” -
Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”
Its too bad the worlds problems cant be solved like the above from !0 Bears

The “Walkers” used in the dimly lit trading post scene when Josey does the “border switch” were made of rubber. I thought Clint must have been one hell of a man to handle those 4.5 pound guns like that. Well, Clint is a hell of a man, but I don’t feel so inept knowing the scene had a good bit of Hollywood magic in it! LOL

I'm no expert OK, but it was two BIG Colt 44's right? It just wouldnt have looked right if he only had a pair of Navy 36s.

I'm no expert OK,
Neither am I. I was just sayin if your really interested in a firearm that's being used in a hollywood movie, either in youthful memories or today..
You can simply look it up on this weird thing called the internet.
I looked up the Josey Wales guns awhile back, I wanted to see what those last scene pocket guns he used were.

So I was sort of right about one his guns being a 1860 Army. He does use that gun in several scenes.

Thanks for bringing our attention to the video. Josie Wales is one of my favorites and is endlessly quotable. There is a similar video on the making of Tombstone, another favorite. Wonder if there's one for Open Range. I never get tired of Robert Duvall.

Jeff

Thanks for bringing our attention to the video. Josie Wales is one of my favorites and is endlessly quotable. There is a similar video on the making of Tombstone, another favorite. Wonder if there's one for Open Range. I never get tired of Robert Duvall.

Jeff

Robert Duvall was great in one of my favorites, the TV series on two DVD's: Lonesome Dove.

Back