• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Log Cabin Gun Shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Ivory

45 Cal.
Reaction score
As luck would have it, I'll be up in the Cleveland area soon.
Is it worth the (seemingly short) drive to visit the Log Cabin Gun Shop?
It seems like its THEE place to go spend a little money

YES

edit- for clarification, I was born and raised in NE Ohio. I have been to the shop MANY times. A great place to put your wallet and bank account on a weight loss plan. Don't forget to check out the museum.

I'm afraid my wallet is gonna take a "hit if I go.
I'll check out the museum though i don't think I knew they had one.
I'll be happy to see if they have any NW Trade guns, especially of the Barnett pattern on display

@Doc Ivory

It's been a few years since I've been able to make the trip back to Ohio so I don't recall exactly what arms are in the museum. That said I don't recall any NW trade arms on display. A lot of Ohio and Indiana influence longrifles is what I remember. It's not a large museum but it is worth seeing. The Log Cabin people are some of the nicest people I've come across. Lot's of 'stuff' in the shop. As of a few years ago they still sold real BP. I think it was a 2# max limit or something like that but hey you always need an extra # or 2.

Trade fair was last weekend, we made the trip from southern OH. Always have a list of needs, BP is in good supply there and no shipping charges if you go. Museum is amazing as well as the book collection.

I like that they have a good selection of of books.
I'm looking forward to seeing their selection and guns!
Not that I need another one...

They were set up at a reenactment here in SW PA a good numbers of years ago with a huge tent and lots of very good thing to sell but I had very little money back then. I do have an old catalog of theirs here somewhere and I have purchased from them and they have excellent service.

ThreeCrows

On a good day I don't walkout of there w/o dropping $100+ or more. They have a policy of allowing campers passing by to stay the night in the parking lot. Used this blessing many times and of course managed to drop a bundle before heading out. Good people run this store. ..........oldwood

they have rely expanded, and and are in a class with DIXIE GUN WORKS.

I agree with the consensus. I love that place. I went back this previous weekend for the Trades Fair and could easily have a spent another whole day in the shop. Aside from the muzzleloader supplies, they have an excellent selection of books.

I agree with the consensus. I love that place. I went back this previous weekend for the Trades Fare and could easily have a spent another whole day in the shop. Aside from the muzzleloader supplies, they have an excellent selection of books.
You guys have me excited to go?

Back