• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Last Frontier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent 3 years living in Idaho and caught a bunch of big fish. I subsequently moved to Charleston, SC. One day I was talking with the older man that ran a gas station not far from where I lived. We got to talking about fishing and I recounted a couple of instances that were epic - at least to me. When I got through with my highly energetic story telling, it was his turn. I asked him what he fished for. He smiled sort of sideways and said simply "sharks." Luckily, my motorcycle was full of gas by then because I didn't have a lot to say after that...

Hopefully you are up around Williams (love that place) or Flagstaff where it isn't 120.
Nope. I'm in Sierra Vista, 14 miles from Mexico and 4600 feet. 98 degrees today. I got an email from Jim Kibler telling me that my Southern Mtn Rifle is on the way. Life is good.

Talking about fly fishing, I grew up with it. That's all my Dad and Granddad did was fly fish. Small cricks in the Western Oregon mountains where I grew up or the lakes around Bend on the east side before it got messed up. My wife and I were on one of our snowbird drives headed south along the Yellowstone river a few years ago. We were in a campground next to the river. A boat pulled up with a few fishermen in it and fancy fly rods hanging out. I asked them how the fishing was and were the fish any good to eat. One of them sort of snootely said " Oh no! We catch and release!"
I said "Well, I'm from Alaska and we fillet and release." They didn't seem to get the humor.

Last edited:
I strongly considered Tombstone or Bisbee AZ (cute artsy fartsy town) as a wintering hole but not a lot of fishing around either of them. ;-)

Kentucky was where I got started in this back in the 70's. Went back last year for some pistol/carbine training and was reminded how beautiful Kentucky and Tennessee are.

I strongly considered Tombstone or Bisbee AZ (cute artsy fartsy town) as a wintering hole but not a lot of fishing around either of them. ;-)

Kentucky was where I got started in this back in the 70's. Went back last year for some pistol/carbine training and was reminded how beautiful Kentucky and Tennessee are.
Would love to drive from PA thru there to visit Dixie Gunworks, and see any Civil War sites and beautiful scenery along the way. Must be great part of the country!

I'm in Sierra Vista about 30 minutes from both Tombstone and Bisbee. Tombstone is Arizona'a answer to Alaska's Skagway, living off of tourists enjoying a glimpse of the past. Bisbee is an artsy fartsy place and from what I hear has one of the besth gay pride parades in the country. Sierra Vista has a great shooting range. I lived in Haines and still have a cabin on the Kenai. Might run into you there some day.

Back