• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

The Handgonnes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great start, Tele. Am looking forward to the actual shooting thereof. You are going to shoot, right?

Miqueleter:

Great start, Tele. Am looking forward to the actual shooting thereof. You are going to shoot, right?

I wasn't planning to show shooting since there are so many shooting videos already out there. Plus the weather here is not friendly right now.

I just want to show the evolution of the design of the muzzleloaders through history. I'm going to upload part 2 later tonight on the simple serpentine Matchlocks.

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

really liked the video..when you tape the arquebuses and matchkocks and possibly show the firing of each, a DVD would be great to have.. I shoot the same guns as you but would like a video i also have 3 tanagashima's really enjoy shooting those also have a key gun...keep up the work on the video chuck thom

Thanks for the kind words!

Here is part 2..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBcTjoDJzhk

As for shooting, I'm one of the old timers that is rather shy about showing my face online. Actually I'm very shy as I've never posted a face shot online.

Plus this camera is new and I'm still learning on how to use it.

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Really enjoyed the second vid also. I wonder if you know how the men were trained to use the earlier handgonnes? Is it pretty much the same as now, meaning, they were shown how to load and fire, drilling daily with the weapons. Or was it apprenticed sort of like the blacksmith, maybe even passed from father to son only.

AZ Longrifle:

Very nice collection!
Very informative as well.
Keep them coming! :hatsoff:

Thanks I plan on doing that. I want to do them sequentially but I also want to include the big 8 bore Matchlock Musket which is under construction right now. Since Part 3 is to have my Matchlock Arquebus, the 16th Century Matchlock Musket and my two 17th Century Muskets, that big girl would be nice to have in it.

Oh to Hell with it! The more I think about it, I'll just skip part 3 and do part 4 right now.

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Nice presentation Tele, good to see you are still alive and kicking on this forum, you always were the go to guy on the pre-flinlick arena on other forums in the past.

Trapper Gene:

Nice presentation Tele, good to see you are still alive and kicking on this forum, you always were the go to guy on the pre-flinlick arena on other forums in the past.

Heya! Real life has been keeping me busy, but I always stop by here at least once a day. I just haven't had much to say of late.

Just to let ya know I've uploaded Part 5 which is the latest one I can safely mention in this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k-Lm30-nAw

Hmmm, this is my 666th post. :shocked2: :stir:

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Surrealpillow:

Awesome videos! I'm a big fan of your collection. Can't wait for part 3!!

Thanks! When I talked to John Buck at the end of last month, he asked me about the size of the buttstock on the 8 bore (.83) since he was working on the stock at the time. I told him to make it wide since she is going to be shooting with 120gr Fg charges at the start.

When I make Part 3, I'll include a size comparison of the .800rb with smaller rounds.

Believe me, I'm ITCHING to make part 3!

Thanks to all who gave me a Thumbs Up on Youtube! Much appreciated!

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

sorry i can not log on youtube thanks to flash player it will not down load this has been a real pain dont know how to fix it
Richard Westerfield

Back