• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajun

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Has anyone shopped at "The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium"? Good/bad, Thanks

I have not done business with them, however when I needed to purchase a barrel a friend gun maker said that is where he purchased his barrels. At the time their machinist was having health issues, causing delays, so I did not order my custom barrel. The lady I communicated with was someone I would do business with.
Larry

I've known , shot & done business with the owners Joe & Suzi for about 40 years via numerous rendezvous. Joe passed a couple years back, now Suzi runs the business & is a very knowledgeable lady. Good place for those of us who like shooting original firearms to find a solid rifle or pistol.
Both great people !

I've known them both and been dealing with them in a very small way, even at long distance here in England, for around twelve years or more, until Joe's untimely passing a couple of years back. Suzi is a tiny dynamo of a woman, that's for sure. Walking into the store for me is like walking into best toyshop on earth - if black powder is your thing. I've never come out, except blinking in the sunshine, thinking, did I REALLY spend all that money without feeling any pain?

The present crew there will certainly do well by you, and if you actually walk in the door, tell 'em that tac sends his best to them and looks forward to coming by in '22.

Purchased several parts & accessories from them and been happy every time. They called me regarding one order as I purchased several T/C parts. They were concerned because I additionally purchased a spring vise, they wanted to be certain I understood it wouldn't work on a T/C lock. I assured them I understood and that I had a couple other flintlocks that I needed the vise to be able to disassemble them. I thought that was good customer service to double check the order before shipping!

I've never been there but used to peruse their website. I wish they would post more and better pictures of their guns for sale. They often have stuff that interests me but not enough info on the item and not enough detailed pictures.
That said, I only remember anyone ever saying good things about experiences with them.

I wish they would post more and better pictures of their guns for sale. They often have stuff that interests me but not enough info on the item and not enough detailed pictures.
The website pictures may not always be the greatest, but the last time I had a question about an item, Suzi emailed me back with the details and multiple photographs of the actual item I was purchasing. Maybe they are not the best with photography and long detailed descriptions on their website, but they do know the muzzleloading business.

I have only dealt with them twice but I can say that they were among the greatest gun transactions I have ever had. Years ago they had an original underhammer that had been abused but had a great price. I called for details and talked with Joe. When I got the gun I found that everything was exactly as Joe had described. If my best friend had gifted me the gun he couldn't have given me a more honest and exacting description. The second transaction took place after Joe's passing and I dealt with Suzie. I wanted to get my wife a flint pistol but Christmas was only a few days off. Suzie saw that the pistol was in my hands a couple of days early. I cannot heap enough praise on these folks. Life would be so easy if everyone was as honest as them and offered the same level of service. My only regrets are that I don't have more money to spend with them.

Back