• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD The Foxfire Book, Foxfire 5, Firearms Traps & Tools of the Mountain Men, The Prairie Traveler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One Lot Of Four Books
The Foxfire Book Anchor Books Edition 1972 Brooks Eliot Wigginton 384 Pages
Foxfire 5 Anchor Book Edition 1979 Brooks Eliot Wigginton 511 Pages
Firearms Traps & Tools of the Mountain Men University of New Mexico Press 2001 Carl P Russell 452 Pages
The Prairie Traveler Applewood Books Cambridge 1988 Randolph B Mercy Captian US Army 1859 269 Pages The Best Selling Handbook for American Pioneers
All Four Books are soft cover no torn pages, all in very nice shape,
$52.00 Delivered, Continental 48, Flat Rate Priority Box,

1631225628573.png

1631225670878.png

1631225855135.png

1631225876109.png

1631225898451.png

1631225921784.png

1631225969105.png

1631225941405.png

1631226018566.png

1631226037546.png

I highly recommend the prairie traveler for a first hand look into the ways, thought processes, equipment, and supplies of that era. It is cut and dried and laid out to be soaked up from its pages. I read it a few years back and intend to return and reread it with a highlighter.

You guys are missing out if you dont buy it and read it.

All four books are classics, and would make a good "starter" library for someone with a historical interest starting into blackpowder shooting.

I might add that Marcy was a consummate soldier and well respected commander. His book was written from experience in the field, and was very highly regarded in its day. There is a lot about guns and shooting in there.

Russell's book has a few errors, but it is still an excellent reference and was a groundbreaking work. I don't know of any other reference that has that much information about the material culture of the fur trade all in one place.

The Foxfire Book was also the first of its kind, and Foxfire 5 made Herschel House about as famous as a modern-day gunsmith can get. To think, both of those books were put together by high school students.

If I didn't already have all of these, I'd be all over this. Looks like a square deal for some great references.

I have no connection whatsoever with the seller. These are just great books.

Notchy Bob

One of the Foxfire books is what learned me how to make my first possibles bag, around 40-50 years ago.

Latest posts

Back