• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

the forgotten war

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian

40 Cal.
Reaction score
what no mex war page?
zack taylor is very disapointed.
anyway I do a mex. war impression of a U.S. Army sargent
here in denver, anybody else?
my wepon of choice is the 1816a3 harpers fery.
BB

Welcome rough&ready:

No Mex war, eh... :hmm:
ztaylor.gif

Zonie made a good point in the other post, where you asked the same question. The timeframe covers many things that are not reenacted.

I live in Southern California and even here, there is very little reenacting of that period. Yes, there is some, but they are mostly recreations of specific battle on the actual locations. My point being, it doesn't have the "national following" that other periods do.

It's simply a matter of numbers.

Boy, it is needed...there was a gal on tv the other day being interviewed about her knowledge of history...she was a history major...her response to the question, "What territory did the U.S. gain in the Spanish American War"was "Mexico"...but she quickly corrected herself and said, 'Cuba'....I suppose if the question had been "...gained in the Mexican War" she'd have answered "Spain".... Given the territory that really was added, and that it was the first "Imperial" move of the U.S. (except against Indians) it is worth some attention..besides, it trained Robt. E. Lee, U.S.Grant, and a bunch of other guys...Hank

Other forgotten wars. Texan Revolt against Santa Ana. Guess you gotta be a Texan to enjoy it. I admit I haven't read much about the Mexican-American War myself. :redface:

Back